Booby trap in a "meth" house

Then again, some toxins (such as certain snake venoms) are harmless when swallowed, but Bad News when injected.

3 Likes

There’s a reason they didn’t call the first movie Conservators of the Lost Ark.

9 Likes

Yeah, well, good thing he knew which it was :wink:

2 Likes

Why would you want to set a trap for people walking up the stairs?

Downstairs I get. Cops, rivals, bailiffs, evangelicals, mom or basically anyone trying to harsh your shit when you’re gettin’ your buzz on. You want to get them when they’re coming down the stairs. When they’re going back up the stairs (possibly with you leading with your hands behind your back in a zip tie) it’s too damn late.

Looks like they used a crutch, a kitchen knife and some duct tape.

The more I think about this, the more I realize I’m less motivated than a meth addict.

I can’t imagine taking the time to figure out how to build a trap like that, much less follow through and build it.

I mean damn, you have to locate a free crutch! Maybe it was nearby.

download

I suppose being on meth would help.

6 Likes

I suspect it was manufactured. The trap line leading up to the second story is easily seen, and I doubt it would be a safe thing to have in a house full of meth addicts. I suspect people would be accidentally tripping it all the time. Still. Gotta give them points for ingenuity and proper use of a ten-foot pole.

I thought so too. most non-meth heads would have sufficient reaction speeds to avoid this.

1 Like

“I’m afraid this Meth House simply isn’t up to Meth Housing Code.” —Municipal Meth Housing Inspector

10 Likes

“There, I’ve done my job. Now pay me. In meth.”

8 Likes

I first encountered this device in H. C. McNeile’s 1920 novel Bulldog Drummond, a volume which is I am sure well-known among meth manufacturers. Admittedly the novel’s knife swung from the side, with the intent of decapitating the victim. Drummond ducked.

3 Likes

Sorry, if it doesn’t involve birdseed jerry rigged to drop a 1 tonne anvil, it’s just not a booby trap to me. I have standards, dammit.

6 Likes

Meth. Meth is why. It’s right there in the title.

Those aren’t basement stairs. They go up to the second floor from the main hall.

1 Like

So not meticulously crafted stone risers that respond to even footsteps by tilting in sideways from the whole wall, and not that landing that is more than a runner rug short? And not a Paleocene reflected-IR well balance trigger? The meth union just isn’t what it was before yerba mate.

3 Likes

Carried a ten foot pole through many a dungeon with little use. Nice to see one actually having some use.

2 Likes

You know, if you’re strapped for cash, you can:

• buy a ten foot pole for 50cp
• use it to make 10 one foot poles
• sell the one foot poles for 10cp ea.
• keep doing this until the DM asks you to leave

I hear meth-heads are on to this though, so they might only pay you 7cp each.

3 Likes
4 Likes

“When I shot meth into my penis and had to go to the hospital because of the first part of that sentence…” Not laughing at the tragedy of that, just the phrasing…

snl-stefon-laughs-more

But that’s a great video…

3 Likes

Lethal or not, that’s sure going to slow you down if you try to go up the stairs. Either from getting non-fatally jabbed, or out of sheer fucking caution after that thing pops down next to your head, which achieves the goal.

Something like that’s not intended to kill you, so the resident can continue sleeping and clean up your corpse in the am, it’s intended to stop or slow you enough for the resident to make an effective escape.