Border Patrol investigating 62 employees, 8 ex-employees over racist CBP Facebook group

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/15/border-patrol-investigating-62.html

Some 9,500 members were in the racist ‘I’m 10-15’ CBP Facebook group

5 Likes

70 out of the 9500? Great that they’re rooting out .7% of the obvious racists. Or at least looking into considering maybe having a look at their activity.

7 Likes

I can just see it now. Their “investigation” heaps all the blame on those 8 ex employees

13 Likes

What are the odds that Carla Provost is one of the sixty-two?

8 Likes

I hope they hurry before the barrel is spoiled.

8 Likes

Border Patrol investigating itself, again…

te13nor

9 Likes

I haven’t been staying totally up to date on this, but I think the small number might represent those who can be shown to have posted (not just liked) material or comments that can be proven to violate some written workplace policy.
Unfortunately, just being in the group probably isn’t enough. Unfortunately, seeing that vile, racist stuff and not speaking out against it is not a crime in the eyes of the law. :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

Um, shouldn’t they be investigating all 9,500 ahem members of this repulsive group?

ice%20cube%20melting%20copy2

1 Like

Am I the only one that keeps reading “I’m 10-15” as an age range? So, adolescents basically… Seems weirdly fitting.

No, not at all. When I first heard about this group I had assumed it was for adolescents, or for people pretending to be adolescents so they could catch pedophiles.

Mouthy, awkward little runts who wear all black, listen to dark music, and spend half their time reading Ayn Rand and the other half jerking it into a sock?

Sounds downright charming compared to these people. They’re sociopaths. Human garbage. The ones who should be in the cages.

5 Likes

Fully Agreed!

1 Like

POTUS tried to join but couldn’t figure out how to use Facebook…

1 Like

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.