Border police find two tons of marijuana disguised as limes

Victory is mine.

3 Likes

Apparently so, but I don’t understand it. Superior quality cannabis from northern California can be had in bulk for as little as $1000/lb, and there is no shortage. The breeders and growers are known, and the product is usually lab-tested if only for bragging rights by the grower. Bulk prices are in free-fall right now-- down from $3000-$4000/lb two or three years ago. Handled properly and sold semi-legally to the dispensary market, there’s not much risk. Or you can buy shitty Mexican weed for $200/lb, smuggled across the border, complete with all sorts of federal and state charges. And it’s really bad weed, full of seeds and stems and pesticides, no pedigree, and no dispensaries in CA will even touch it.

13 Likes

Crisp and clean and no caffeine! Hahahaha!

6 Likes

I’m amazed they’re still smuggling it in from Mexico at all - and I live in Michigan.

6 Likes

Whoa. Flashback.

2 Likes

I know its hard to believe, but there’s people outside CA. Enough of them even have money and spend it on pot to amount to what is sometimes called a “market”. Are those dispensary growers working on filling that out-of-state demand, say by shipping weed to Texas? No? So where do YOU think Austin gets its weed?

3 Likes

You can’t get rid of dry, blockpressed imported weed over here in the UK anymore. Not for decent money, anyways. High-grade locally grown is a fortune (£200-220/oz, baggie prices are obscene), but that stuff just won’t shift. Same for hash, unless it’s quality stuff for connoisseurs.

2 Likes

Coke-o-nuts?

8 Likes

I, of course, was only involved in the legal market when I lived there. Now that I live elsewhere, I am strictly a consumer, though I do still have a financial interest in a dispensary group in SoCal. But I’ve “heard” that more than two-thirds of the California-grown product is exported out of state. Certainly California grows far more than can be sold internally. [Some sources claim] (http://www.alternet.org/drugs/california-six-largest-cash-crops-marijuana-monster) that so much cannabis comes out of CA that it’s worth more than the next five agricultural products combined. Even as illegal as Texas would have it be, it’s pretty easy to find high-quality product if you want it.

2 Likes

I’d have thought coconuts would be a no-brainer for smuggling drugs. Possibly why all the ones we see getting stopped are carrots & citrus fruit made of insulation tape, I guess. Though, if you wanted to get expensive stuff over the border, a load of shitty weed disguised as limes using green tape would be a good distraction…

5 Likes

I suspect that most of this weed ends up being consumed by the illegal immigrant population, themselves, because it’s so low-quality.

1 Like

No wonder limes are so damned expensive in the store.

If you’ve got a tree, it’s somewhat like avocados, you get so many, you can’t possibly use them all yourself, and it can get pretty hard to give enough away.

I’ve got a lime tree. My dad has got an avocado tree. He can’t give enough away, so our policy has become “oh, there’s another raccoon fattening itself in the avocado tree? Feh! Let him get chubby.”

Now if I had weed limes, maybe those I could give enough away…

3 Likes

I would be very happy to take any excess limes and avocados off y’all’s hands…

Margaritas and guacamole at my house, yeah!!

8 Likes

McKittrick’s Second Law: If your standards are too high - LOWER THEM!

1 Like

Yes, us American weed consumers have more sophisticated tastes. I personally prefer aromatic, musky overtones from being naturally aged in a frathouse basement, with a heady bouquet of old gym socks and mildew, fruity high notes, and a delicate mouthfeel /s

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.