Smugglers disguise marijuana as carrots

[Read the post]

2 Likes

They should test smoke it just to be sure.

8 Likes

As a link is missing in the post here’s CNN’s coverage - but I wonder, someone build and packed 3000 of the carrot-shaped containers, with a street value of ~ $500k. Is the profit margin for marijuana high enough to justify the effort?

6 Likes

Hmm. Looks to me like they were found on an airport conveyor belt.

14 Likes

Should’ve gone with bananas.

6 Likes

No, the street value of marijuana is $50 an ounce. At least here in San Diego that is the case.

3 Likes

I used the estimated value cited in CNN’s article

1 Like

D: The joint I am about to roll requires a craftsman and can utilize up to twelve spliffs. It is called a Camberwell carrot.

M: It’s impossible to use 12 papers on one joint.

D: It is impossible to roll a camberwell carrot with anything less.

M: Who says it’s a Camberwell carrot?

D; I do. I invented it in Camberwell and it’s shaped like a carrot.

17 Likes

7 Likes

If they could disguise carrots as marijuana, kids might get their vegetables. :bulb:

7 Likes

2500 tons is a whole mess of carrots, let alone of marijuana. Maybe 2500 kg? That seems unlikely, too, based on the photos.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Is that Mexican weed prices or is it just that awesome to be in SD? In Portland it’s $140 for an ounce of decent outdoor weed.

4 Likes

There are some 200 weed depots here in San Diego, so the street price is ridiculous for straight up good smoking weed. For Reals!

PS. It’s cheaper to smoke weed than go out to bars, but I do have a considerable Whiskey yearning, so to the bar I must go for my Happy Hour, to my cozy hovel for a peaceful toke I do go.

7 Likes

They do say carrots are good for your eyes, and I know some people use marijuana to treat their glaucoma.

This sounds like one-stop shopping.

16 Likes

yes…my back of the envelope calculations are that this is equivalent to about 66 standard 40’containers…

1 Like

But everybody just always looks at those.

12 Likes

some of those carrots look like the size of children’s arms. where the heck were they growing them??

3 Likes

just… look at them?

7 Likes

“And if I spike you, you’ll know you’ve been spoken to”

1 Like