Bored kid walks away from fence seconds before a car smashes through it

It’s scary to think just how ridiculously easy it is to get snuffed out.

4 Likes

Tree 1, car 0

Thanks, Obama.

2 Likes

There was a pedestrian killed by (edit) “a” falling woman a couple of weeks ago, so I’m going to assume that there is a relatively low number of guardian angels, and they are spread rather thin.

Note to self: Remember to put a clean pair of underwear in my backpack next time I go out.

2 Likes

The best guardian angel anyone could hope to have stand between them and a vehicle approaching at high speed is a nice re-bar reinforced concrete pillar. Score a point for the guardian angel side…

1 Like

When I’m out n about, I scurry from pole to pole. Wait, that came out wrong.

4 Likes

On the internet, no one knows you’re a squirrel.

4 Likes

I’ve watched it several times now and I swear, I see a Noodly Appendage tap his left shoulder at the 0:08 mark.

1 Like

i use the “your hide will make a fine poncho” smile as a way of expressing intense displeasure. i once caused a rude correctional officer to walk away at full scuttle when i gave her that one after lying to my face about why i wasn’t allowed to wear a santa hat to visitation with my son.

4 Likes

[quote=“Daedalus, post:15, topic:66481”]He KNEW he was safe because he MADE IT HAPPEN.
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. OBVIOUSLY this is a selectively edited video so you don’t see him place a giant BMW-attracting magnet on the post in the seconds right before he pretends to dawdle at the fence.

Presumably the kid’s guardian angel first drugged, or otherwise neutralised, the motorist’s guardian angel.

4 Likes

I thought the guardian angels were busy looking after the subway?

2 Likes

omg, I’m horribly depressed! I had no idea!!

1 Like

I’d pat myself on the back, but maybe I’m just spending a little too much time on BoingBoing today…

Also, hoped for more clickthroughs on the comic…if you don’t know Basic Instructions you should totally check it out.

1 Like

I know you’re depressed. I can see it on the meter. All you have to do is pay $14,746 for these reading materials and come back to see me next week. Bring a friend. You’ll feel MUCH better.

1 Like

Just goes to show ya: if you’re bored, stay exactly where you are. Things will get interesting again soon.

1 Like

Wait, the falling woman? Am I…I’m safe? I can go outside again? AM I FINALLY FREE?!

1 Like

If this proves that guardian angels are real…why didn’t the DRIVER’S guardian angel simply stop the car from crashing?

2 Likes

Guardian Angels, I assume, make judgement calls – maybe he just thought that guy was an asshole.

1 Like

Oooahwohlalalohwee ahhiieeeomnolopolopohlohshonofieeee preeneeemeeneeineeseemoloalahalaoooahaaaahhallaa weeewohwalohlahweeei!

1 Like