Watch: A boy is completely run over by car but somehow jumps up and runs off as if nothing has happened

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/26/a-boy-is-completely-run-over-b.html

4 Likes

Looks like he avoided the wheels. Also looks kinda staged or at least planned?

4 Likes

Oh, I didn’t see anything planned about it. The left rear wheel, in particular, came much too close to the child for it to have been (well) planned – at least in my book.

5 Likes

Not to me. It looks like the car’s A pillar was obscuring the driver’s view of the kid.

4 Likes

Is this what they mean that kids are still “Plastic”?

2 Likes

Lucky for the driver it wasn’t a monkey. Those things are protected under the law.

4 Likes

Looked to me he ran off crying… baby. By tomorrow, he’ll know he got ran over by a one ton vehicle.

2 Likes

One reason why all my recent cars have front and rear parking/object sensors and, if poss, cameras. Fed up of the local kids thumping the underside of my car for kicks just cos they can’t look where I’m going.

3 Likes

Seriously? With the headline? smh

One thing for sure the kid needs some better friends. The one girl that walks towards him gets halfway there and says he’s fine, and goes back to the group.

1 Like

“Adrenaline, it’s a hell of a drug.”

2 Likes

How many orphan kids do you suppose they went through before they finally got the shot?

5 Likes

That driver is terrible. Hitting a kid must provide a bit of resistance to the vehicle but they keep going.

Also, the passenger side door is clearly flapping open.

1 Like

yeah, at this point the adrenaline is keeping him from feeling the broken bones.

Also, what’s he doing with his arm?

The way the car bumps up, that kid’s got to have some damage.

3 Likes

That driver should be charged with reckless driving. She obviously didn’t properly check her surroundings before driving off, especially with kids around. There’s video evidence of the incident so I hope they get theirs.

I’m usually overly careful and look around as much as I can and beep the horn once or twice before I drive off when kids are playing anywhere near my car. Can’t imagine being responsible for something like that incident.

Had to watch that a few times. Wonder why that was?

I’ve actually been run over by a pickup truck. With some luck and clearance one may escape with nothing more than bruises and scrapes, no permanent injuries at all.

2 Likes

Did the pickup visibly rise and fall when running you over, or were you relatively unscathed due to the high clearance of said pickup?

There’s a super disturbing part of the video where you can see the car bump up as it runs over the child.

My recollection of the event is a bit fragmented but according to onlookers, yes.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.