I’d say twenty years. Fifty at most.
Oh good. The next six months definitely isn’t going to be a stressful shitshow.
And here I thought that’s about the timeline until the United Kingdoms of England and Wales finally abandons Brexit, after Northern Ireland has left to join the Republic of Ireland, and Scotland is admitted into the EU as a separate nation.
Brexit has done more to make a united Ireland a plausible outcome than decades of efforts by the IRA!
And yet some bastard got him down.
Given what the Tories and Republicans are doing to healthcare in their respective nations, you won’t have long to wait. The upside is that the anti-vaxxers won’t inoculate themselves and their families, leaving the doses that keep you from dying to you and yours.
I think this one is the most disturbing one Rob has done to date. Bravo?
So I admit I am not as up on UK politics, but every time I’ve seen Boris in something, he comes off as bad as Trump or even worse some times with what he seems to know.
“He will travel to Buckingham Palace on Wednesday (July 24) and ask permission from the Queen to form a government.” I know this is just a formality and more or less just done out of tradition - but can she say, “No, pick someone else.”?
I mean… I think one of her Corgis would do less damage.
- I have been following the whole Brexit thing via a channel called TLDR News. They seem to be keeping a pretty neutral tone in reporting, but still, it seems the facts are the UK is about to leave the EU with no deal and that is going to be bad for them all around for many years. For those interested:
Wales is a principality
PS I forgot to add that Johnson is an infected rat’s anal gland and I hope he chokes to death on fæces
Oh, I would not put it past the Tories to elevate it simply so that they can keep calling their rump of a nation “United Kingdoms”. But point taken.
(note that no one talks of Cornwall, except for Rosamunde Pilcher and Poldark fans)
Sadly, the Queen must stay entirely neutral in political matters, so – technically yes, in practice, no. Her neutrality is such a big deal that a lot of people got really upset when she gave a speech recently saying that being a good person and treating other people with respect is generally a good idea in life, and some people clutched pearls about how terribly political she’d become.
Technically yes, but it would probably be the last thing she did as queen.
Another rich white boy failing upwards. Tragic…
Little Britain is well and truly fucked. Between a no-deal Brexit, the dismantling of the NHS, and more “austerity” here’s what’s going to happen…
- The economy will implode
- Trade will be snarled, unpredictable and expensive
- London’s status as one of the great financial hubs will drop like a stone
- Things that they have come to count on like the NHS will be gone
- Neo-fascism and outright racism will become firmly entrenched in the British government
- The Tories will achieve what the IRA never did - a United Ireland
- Scotland will decline to be tied to the English anchor and, somehow, end up back in the EU
I seriously don’t understand why Boris even has a job.
Not for a while it hasn’t been: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Wales
I doubt it.
No Sate Visits with him and Donnie please!
The density of assholity would cause a singularity that would engulf the Eastern Seaboard.