Boris Johnson tops first vote in UK Conservative Party election; winner will be prime minister too

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/13/boris-johnson-tops-first-vote.html

4 Likes

21 Likes

6 Likes

With each passing day, the UK is looking more and more shambolic. Seems like in some sort of reverse Oedipal Complex, they can’t stop imitating their mutant offspring, the US.

21 Likes

If they elect Boris, who will be Moose and Squirrel?

15 Likes

Dear reality. Fuck the fuck off. Take this freakshow and VANISH. I’ll take that other timeline, the one without twitter and facebook. The one where I read books instead of webpages. The one where elite right wing populists are eaten by the press instead of indulging in the press themselves.

With that person in charge of the UK, a war in Europe (other than the Bosian war, e.g.) gets more possible. Mark my words and colour me surprised if this caricature of a politician doesn’t try to destabilise the EU and likely succeeds.
I HATE this timeline.

21 Likes

I don’t mean to be rude but is the Tory party out of its fucking mind?

26 Likes

Its amazing that after years of Conservative dysfunction and political death-agony they will still be ushered into Government at the next election by the Murdoch media cthulhu.

8 Likes

Fully consistent with the current trend of Global Worsening.

17 Likes

The mere thought of Boris even being a contender really bums me out.

9 Likes

Oh great we get our own trump but with less orange and more latin. :grimacing::grimacing:

8 Likes

You’re only just noticing?

15 Likes

10 Likes

It is nice that a very smart boy gets to be study body pres…

wait…The prime minister of the United Kingdom…like the real UK? The Queen one?

9 Likes

Dammit Britain, do you want the closest British equivalent of trump? Because if you do, then Boris is your man. and/or where’s the Baby Boris Balloon!? -sigh-

4 Likes

Oh, Nigel, what a naughty boy you are, trapping the UK in between a turd and a shitstorm – do we elect Boris, or upend things and have a general election, in which the Brexit party will almost definitely come out on top?

5 Likes

Boris is intelligent though. This makes him more dangerous.

10 Likes

The good news is that modifying the Trump balloon to make it a Boris balloon should be pretty trivial. Of course, that is all the good news to be found here. Yup, that’s it. Other than that you are doomed, as are we all if this trend gets much further.

9 Likes

On behalf of us all, no offense taken, and yes. Yes it has gone entirely fucking mental. Full tilt boogie 'we want to be a banana (well, turnip probably) republic.

11 Likes

Oh, I knew they were monstrously evil on the level of the GOP here in the US, but I didn’t think they were out of their mind.

1 Like