Bosnian Croat war criminal Slobodan Praljak swigs poison, kills self in court

oops - I forgot I am contractually obligated to post this when mentioning Bud Dwyer.

3 Likes

tumblr_lo1qh68nVL1qzgmxb

13 Likes

Thank you?

6 Likes

Proper drama called for a sinister skull and crossbones on the bottle so that he wouldn’t have to tell people.

9 Likes

Were they all named “Slobodan?”

1 Like

…And an evil laugh

Yes, it’s a particulary crafty ruse : so in the end their ennemies can’t remember which Slobodan did what.

2 Likes

Nazis always did have a problem with accepting sentences for their crimes.

Goering was a genocidal monster even after he chose self-destruction. So is Praljak. If there was any justice for his victims, like Goering, his ashes will be tipped into the nearest river so no one can visit his grave.

1 Like

Save the trip and send his ashes down the crematorium’s john.

6 Likes

Aren’t there ways to burn things so that there is nothing left at all?

16 Likes

I went looking for a Judge Judy meme that would fit this, and it was all of them.

I think this fits best

6 Likes

And a huge mess for someone else to clean up.

6 Likes

At least one of the witnesses against Dwyer recanted, and the suicide let his family keep his death benefits. slight difference from this war criminal.

I was referring to them taking themselves out in public. Dwyer of course was many things, but didn’t commit any war crimes. That we know of.

Not if you do it out in a field. Or a landfill

1 Like

Nitpick. :wink:

The dude in question did it in court; if he had shot himself, the courthouse ‘custodial arts’ person would not be a very happy camper right now.

3 Likes

you want Slobodan the serb. This is Slobodan the croat

6 Likes

Many people here are quick to rejoice or just shrug. The problem is this premature demise causes automatically the extinction of part of the legal proceedings that could shed some more light on the furious mess that were the post-Yugoslavia wars. Not a good thing.

8 Likes