Bosnian Croat war criminal Slobodan Praljak swigs poison, kills self in court

Slobodan, the George of Slavic war criminals.

2 Likes

I agree. But I’m still glad to dance on his grave.

2 Likes

Actually crime/accident scene clean up (which that would probably fall under) is usually a contracted out job to professionals. Not a job for the squeamish and one that few people stick with from what I understand.

3 Likes

Fair point; still a shitty job.

The ironic thing is that suicide by poison or intentional overdose is usually the preferred method of women to end their lives, usually in a bathtub for easier cleanup.

2 Likes

Uh, no, they aren’t.

To be fair, this was the last set of trials. He wasn’t even the only one on trial today, so there is plenty of sources left to pull from. The wars are still in lived memory and were incredibly well documented in the first place.

But we know his belief about the wars anyway, because he said so before he swallowed the poison.

3 Likes

On the radio they interviewed someone that made the point that he’d already served most of his 20 year sentence. He was convicted in 2013, and was probably in jail for years before then. (2004?)

5 Likes

Ah, but I’ve read* that those who have to clean up prefer that one not off oneself in a bathtub. If decomposition sets in, it’s supposedly much less nasty to remove one from the floor than the tub.

*Pretty sure this was from Hints from Heloise.

1 Like

I understand the technical term is “pulling a Göring”.

1 Like

But @Schmorgluck is still right, this does do harm to the process, and not little harm.

If you look above, you’ll find the first, probably light-hearted or sarcastic conspiracy comment. But whether or not @Robert_Matthews is serious or not, the shit still will hit the fan in Herzegovina. This suckers suicide stops justice in it’s tracks, and this is a really bad thing for a couple of people, still healing, badly.

I feel sad. This should not have been possible.

Yes! Yes! Make a martyr out of this man! If he can influence only ten other facists, haters, “cleansers” to take the same route it will be a victory. If it can move a hundred to do so it will be a watershed. Thank you Slobodan. It is the best thing you have ever done.

1 Like

This, this saved me. I am now saved.
Nice to meet you, I’m Saved.

1 Like

Is that a man or a nose with a human life support system?

I didn’t say they were correct in their assumption.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s all fair enough. I still think that it’s going to take another generation or two to fully sort out the history here, and by people who can find that narrow middle ground outside the nationalist views of what happened there in the 90s.

3 Likes

Is anyone genuinely sorry that he escaped life-in-prison justice?

1 Like

Yes, I am. As you say, it is an escape. And it’s bad news for the people affected by his war crimes.

1 Like

Maybe… If alchemy were a thing.

I say feed his intact body to wild animals. Or hang him up in a cage to get skeletonized by crows. No grave, great example for future genocidal fucks.

I wonder if they will investigate who let him do that - where he got the poison, who gave it to him

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.