Fraudster dies after pouring acid on own face in court

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/26/fraudster-kills-self-by-pourin.html

2 Likes

This sort of thing has been happening a lot lately.

3 Likes

Maybe I get trying to avoid a protracted prison term by ending it quickly, but two months of suffering doesn’t seem any better. If they are making a statement, what is it? That they’d rather martyr themselves than submit to the justice system? OK. Lay down some thick plastic and have at it, assholes.

4 Likes

There’s no truth to the rumor that he was seen flipping a coin shortly before the incident.

14 Likes

Truly a Wonderful Thing /s

4 Likes

30 Likes

Fraudsters really do love the thrill of transgression, don’t they?

1 Like

To be fair, the article did elicit a sense of wonder in me about the man’s mental state while he was “reacting” to his sentence.

3 Likes

Is this why they say don’t take the brown acid?

2 Likes

Maybe he thought he was doing this?

And confused poison with acid?

8 Likes

The case had already been delayed because Marshall suffered serious medical problems after stabbing himself in the neck when he was arrested by police in 2016.

Kinda significant, that.

4 Likes

0_0 Holy shit!

4 Likes

Someone failed to read the warning label…

3 Likes

Sounds like a last-ditch attempt at collar whitening gone wrong.

It’s an unmistakably effective strategy for achieving better outcomes during sentencing; but normally has to be started earlier and sustained throughout, rather than conducted at the last moment.

Weird flex but ok

If you were curious about a before pic:

I did not click through to the original article… did they really have the after pic?

1 Like

3 Likes

I don’t understand the point of this story.

We’re glad because this guy’s dead?

We’re amused by the way this guy killed himself?

Justice was served by a self-inflicted acid death?

I don’t understand the point of this story.

2 Likes

You mean like this?

2 Likes