Fraudster dies after pouring acid on own face in court

Ah, Rob’s got you there!

2 Likes

It truly is. This man should obviously have been under close supervision, and possibly diverted to the mental healthcare system earlier rather than put to trial, given how trivial the crime was.

8 Likes

Conduct so bizarre or inappropriate that it challenges our perception of normality, and makes us more sensitive to possibilty, danger, wonder, and the deep sensitivities of the human condition.

18 Likes

He had delayed prison by 3 years by stabbing himself. I doubt he had any idea what the acid would do. More likely a tragic idiot trying to avoid prison

4 Likes

This. given the bbc-article it seems obvious that this guy was suicidal, no idea if the authorities did anything to adress this properly

The case had already been delayed because Marshall suffered serious medical problems after stabbing himself in the neck when he was arrested by police in 2016

3 Likes

Obviously the warning signs were ignored.

1 Like

That there should be boingboings tag line.
Or the voice over during the opening credits of the boingboing TV show.

4 Likes

Or before the Whitehouse Press Conference.

4 Likes

I’d not heard of Paul Sloane before. That’s an interestingly meta take on the Two-Face character for such early looking Batman story.

I’m not a huge DC fan, but I had these Batman and Superman comic book anthologies when I was growing up:

I’m pretty sure Sloane’s origin story was included in the Batman anthology. Not sure why DC felt it was necessary to have a second Two-Face (or a third for that matter) since the anthology didn’t cover the events leading up to his disfigurement. Anybody else know what happened to Harvey Dent in the original continuity?

Maybe the real villain is a nam-shub of Enki style linguistic virus? If you have it onboard and it combines with a facial disfigurement, you inevitably become Two-Face?

1 Like

You can look it up on the wikis. It’s certainly too complicated and convoluted to easily sum up.

2 Likes

I did look it up. I stopped reading as soon as I saw the words Crisis on Infinite Earths. Life’s too short.

2 Likes

Are we all not, in a very real sense, Two-Face, hmmm? :thinking:

2 Likes

Too soon, dude, too soon…

2 Likes

I am quietly ashamed.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.