Both Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends are getting reboots

Originally published at: Both Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends are getting reboots | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I love both of these shows, and with the creator at the helm, I feel very optimistic about this news. Thanks for sharing something I see as really positive!

PowerPuff is obviously iconic, and Foster’s was really delightful, with one of my favorite theme songs ever.

5 Likes

This is at least the second reboot of PPG

Powerpuff Girls return, but original voice cast is peeved they were left behind | Boing Boing

It's time to stop the Powerpuff Girls

List of The Powerpuff Girls (2016 TV series) episodes - Wikipedia

4 Likes

… or maybe the third

1 Like

I’m looking forward to the crossover possibilities now that it’s been established that the Powerpuff Girls and the Gorillaz exist within the same narrative universe.

3 Likes

Maybe the fourth?

2 Likes

Man i really hope the CW version of the show falls through. The pics I’ve seen look… Awful

2 Likes

High hopes with McC back at the helm. That last PPG reboot was bad

2 Likes

Please don’t fuck up Foster’s.

1 Like

I like ceeeeeeeeeeeareal

2 Likes

Does that mean that Shaun Ryder could appear?

1 Like

I still quote “Bunnies! Flames!!” from time to time :woman_shrugging:t3:

Or “Potatoes!!” in my best Danny Trejo accent.

2 Likes

That most recent reboot of PPG with the voice actors completely stonewalled was pretty bad. Guessing it was basically something that came down as a “what property can we milk for some cash?”

1 Like

I know a guy who was an extra on this live-action version’s pilot. He said it looked pretty terrible, and – as he was a fan of the original cartoon – was relieved to hear that it had been shelved. He did say that Yana Perrault (Buttercup) was pretty awesome on set, very friendly and fun with the extras.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.