Both Sides!

This topic is a space to debate and discuss “bothsides-isms,” when someone introduces an argument that attempts to contextualize bad behavio(u)r by attempting to point out that the other sides does it, too.

Unless the “both sides” is this, then STFU.

H/t to @FGD135

9 Likes

But, no, they aren’t. Blue states are not attempting to ban books, or to persecute groups of people for wanting to stock library shelves with certain kinds of books, or for wanting to have people they hate read certain kinds of books. This is a right-wing effort, pure and simple.

ETA; Clarity

14 Likes

Kitten Aww GIF by MOODMAN

11 Likes

Bothsiderism I’ m okay with.

4 Likes

CNN fact-checks Rep. Cuellar’s both-sides BS.

7 Likes

I’m happy you created this thread.
I’m so unhappy it’s needed.

11 Likes

I hate that man. Do not understand how he can call himself a Democrat

6 Likes

18th in Europe, actually. Cut it out.

8 Likes

QYBS

The president of the North Carolina Bar Association faced immense backlash from the group’s committee for LGBTQ+ equality this week, after he canceled a planned drag trivia night and suggested that the committee “present both sides” of the debate about drag culture instead.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

The Democrats’ handpicked Bernie killer was good friends with Strom Thurmond. His slow walk prosecution of Trump’s many and obvious crimes is the reason we’re going to have Trump round 2. Biden responded to BLM with unequivocal support for the police - all police. I think if we’re being honest - and watching actions more than speeches - we’d acknowledge the problem of racist fascists has gone wider than the GOP.

Y’all love hiding dissent with party-line politics. I miss the Doctrow days

Yeah, yeah, bothsides and all that. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Neither “side”, pal. Same coin.

Got those winning lotto numbers for me?

9 Likes

Pretending the two parties are one and the same is not helpful, “pal.”

5 Likes

I notice you ignored the other two charges.

Biden has consistently telegraphed an intention to pull a Nixon-style “unity” move. Garland was not a good choice for us any way you slice it.

They have the same financial backers. Not everybody can pretend that problem away so easily.

Oh, I didn’t “ignore” anything;

I fully acknowledge your willful hopelessness and arbitrary defeatism, and I deny it a foothold in my mind and will to fight.

Biden is no savior, it should go without saying; still, the fight is NOT over.

Give up and lay down in defeat before it is, if you wish; that is your choice.

10 Likes

No. There is some degree of overlap between who gives money to Democratic candidates and who gives money to Republican candidates, but only one of those parties has the overwhelming and enthusiastic support of actual, literal fascists.

“Eh, they’re both bad and therefore only rubes care which side wins elections” is some straight up bullshit spoken by people whose lives and freedoms don’t hinge on which party is in power.

“I refuse to participate” is not a principled stand.

18 Likes

Might surprise some of you to learn the man in charge of Louisiana law enforcement is a Democrat. New Orleans mayor is too. City has cops guarding the brothels, no doubt pulling some kind of triple overtime plus the bill to the establishment. Most powerful people are terrible.