Boy lost in woods for three days says a bear looked after him

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/29/boy-lost-for-three-days-says-a.html

7 Likes

Sadly, people will believe this three-year-old, with more whole-heartedness and speed, than they will believe any expert or knowledgeable person on any important social issue.

19 Likes

Don’t feed the bears!

ClumsyGivingBorzoi-small

7 Likes

The Jungle Book is the Disney property I think you were looking for here, not Winnie the Pooh.

7 Likes

How do you know it wasn’t a wild mascot ? huh ?

2 Likes

8 Likes

Does a bear Pooh in the woods?

15 Likes

Only if someone is there to smell it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No. He’s “Mr Sanders” out there.
Pooh_Shepard1928

It looks like a nice house so I suspect he shits indoors.

10 Likes

Perfect! Replaced. Thanks.

3 Likes
8 Likes

Saw an article about this yesterday and apparently its happened before that kids have been lost in the woods and were kept warm/safe by bears. Weird.

From the article i read:

" In 1888, the New York Times reported the disappearance of a 2-year-old girl who was found in a deep valley, where she claimed she had slept by a bear that kept her warm that night.

In 1955, 2-year-old Ida Mae Curtis went missing in Kootenai National Forest in Montana. She was located after enduring two days of pouring rain, and explained that she had been cuddled and comforted by a bear during her time away."

20 Likes

No, honey, it doesn’t. Also, no hunny and it doesn’t either.

Imaginary friends are the best ones.

3 y/o’s imagination:

Reality:

8 Likes

Honestly I can see why a Sloth Bear probably wouldn’t seem like a particularly fearsome beast to a kid who had been raised by wolves and tutored by a panther.

9 Likes

It’s pretty obvious what happened… It was no bear… It was Bigfoot.

23 Likes

It’s No. Carolina, anything can happen. Ask Ned.

2 Likes

Maybe the bear just looked at him?

1 Like

Some of my best friends are Bears…and a few are Otters.

5 Likes

But I WANT TO BELIEVE!
All the news is so friggin depressing…
Therefore,
I WILL BELIEVE!

8 Likes