Brands bail on Twitter as Musk's pro-hate policy takes hold

You buried the lede a bit.

Not only is he asking people to click like on tweets, he’s doing so on an ad for an electric car that’s a competitor to Tesla.

13 Likes

Aferim!

3 Likes

Have the employees do it,when they’re not sleeping in the dorms, or making terrible changes.

7d34fb03-c28f-41e1-81a3-a96ec5805b75_text

8 Likes

And THAT is exactly what the racists HATE. The idea that THEY are in the minority. Because they know exactly what can happen to minorities, and just as Trump can’t understand anybody that is not all about self-interest, they can’t understand people that won’t abuse the power of being in the majority.

14 Likes

Afrikaners didn’t mind being a minority, as long as they could oppress the majority. They don’t hate being a minority, they fear being a minority when former minority groups have power, because they believe everyone else is as driven by hate as they are. They honestly believe that Black Americans gaining political power will mean that the very things they did will be turned on them. They can not imagine a world where people who are different can live peaceably, because they reject that idea.

15 Likes

Sometimes when I get stuck in thoughts that start with “what the hell is going on?”, I wonder if they can’t imagine it, or can’t imagine thriving under conditions where their skin colour or religion matters less than, say, their ability to do something useful.

Then I remember they’re dangerous either way.

5 Likes

You have a point. Certainly in North America the institution of slavery was at its most oppressive in places were slaves were a majority of the population.

2 Likes

coughHeinleincough

I read my first one of his books before I knew who he was and it was just as you describe. It was like those teenage movies where all the adults are idiots and the teenagers do everything right. Except the teenagers are the gun-totin’ contract-signin’ libertarians. I made it about a third of the way in and gave up on it.

6 Likes

And yet he’s begging for “likes” and advertisers.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.