Yet more advertisers flee Twitter over Elon Musk's endorsement of antisemitic tweet

Originally published at: Yet more advertisers flee Twitter over Elon Musk's endorsement of antisemitic tweet | Boing Boing

11 Likes

The Himmler-Musk mashup isnt musky enough methinks. The collar boards are a nice touch.

16 Likes

Should we be concerned about threats to go thermonuclear from a guy that has a lot of rockets?

10 Likes

Of all the studios in the 1930s and '40s, Warner Bros. was famous for taking the lead against fascism. If history is now doing a digital-age repeat/rhyme, I assume the next step is right-wing members of Congress who cry “America First” calling in the studio heads and berating them for not wanting their ads to run alongside Nazi talking points.

because they might appear near the other remaining advertisers

Yaccarino will no doubt cite the JT/nycdaddyx ad as an example of the platform’s ability to attract advertisers from the packaged goods industry.

17 Likes

They explode, too, but not where expected. Kind of a Spanish Inquisition … in Spaaace!

6 Likes

It amazes me people aren’t just blocking Twitter ads.

Dude is nose diving now!

6 Likes

Only if you’re inside one of them.

IMG_5200

14 Likes
17 Likes

Hmm. Perhaps he’s more qualified to assist NASA than we think.

11 Likes

Yeah, but they don’t use slide rules anymore; I think that’s where the problem lies.

7 Likes
19 Likes

WvB__slide rule__done the math__FGD135

11 Likes

Elmo is a living breathing policy failure. He’s an out of control egomaniac and likely very jacked up on ketamine. The fact that he controls what is now a widely used social media site and satellite communications makes my testicles crawl up inside my body cavity. I got a baaaaaaaad feeling.

13 Likes

Media Matters President Responds to Elon Musk Lawsuit Threat

Elon Musk May Have Just Signed X’s Death Warrant | WIRED

6 Likes
8 Likes

These turds should have stopped advertising on Musk’s turdy platform long ago. They don’t deserve praise for doing it now, and they will return when this blows over in a few months. Companies pretending to have values is the worst.

6 Likes

You’re assuming this will all blow over in a few months, which is premised on this being a one-time thing Musk did. I think this is companies realizing it is not.

5 Likes

And it really isn’t a one-off…

5 Likes

Wow, that was amazing. My buddy’s baby’s grandpa was an Operation Paperclip “acquisition”. I’ll have to send this to him.

Yeah, “paused advertising” is as spongy as it gets.

5 Likes

Just because he’s a Nazi doesn’t mean he knows about rockets.

9 Likes