Brave or foolish? Man installs air conditioner on high balcony

Intestinal Fortitude has a nice ring to it.

Plus, to be annoyingly literal, if your testes are swollen shouldn’t you go to a doctor immediately and not climb a 200 foot chimney?

4 Likes

Well therein lies how two people can see the same thing and have different view points. Sure with the proper safety equipment, this work or rock climbing or climbing cell phone towers can be done relatively safely. But it can’t be done safely by EVERYONE. There has to be a certain level of skill and physical ability. Even if I didn’t have a fear of heights, my shit leg and lack of strength in general means for me to attempt something like that would probably end in failure.

Similarly, other people might see a relatively common task or activity that includes SOME danger, and decide it isn’t for them because of their personal limits or comfort level, even though others could do those things just fine. Examples would be using a chain saw to take down a tree, drive a motorcycle, sky diving, using a tall ladder, or using a firearm.

Though with over 30,000 accidental deaths from falls per year in the US, and there would be many more if people didn’t take proper precautions, “horror” might be irrational, but a healthy dose of fear and respect isn’t.

I thought it looked like a harness, but I didn’t see it tethered. Though if you have a harness, I imagine you would tether it.

I’ve had it quote the wrong person in my replies, and I have had people quote me, when it wasn’t me who they were quoting.

1 Like

I felt some relief when I saw the straps of a harness over his shoulders…

…then ratcheted my WTF up a few notches with the realization that he’s wearing a backpack :fearful:

Well, I’m sure as hell not going to trust something that I installed!

1 Like

Then he wouldn’t be dead… It’s like the Schrödinger Darwin awards.

1 Like

https://www.google.com/search?q=levels+of+mao+are+low+in+risk+takers

IIRC, testosterone lowers MAO.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.