Brawl on plane after passenger refuses to wear mask and refuses to leave

And you have to be wearing one to board the plane in the first place. So someone said to themselves- they’ll never do anything after I’m already boarded.

But they will - they’ll bring that jet right back to the terminal or stop somewhere along the way to eject your ass. There you’ll be - somewhere you didn’t want to go with no where to stay and with your checked baggage moving along without you.

Good.

13 Likes

Reminds me of one of the funniest lines in Planes, Trains & Automobiles:

tumblr_lp21txUuYA1qbkyo1o1_500

10 Likes

We still act surprised when a fight breaks out involving an anti-masker.
Do we not yet get it that if one steps into an enclosed public space sans mask, that person is already planning to fight? That perhaps the whole point of removing their mask is a calculated act of aggression that is entirely planned?

10 Likes

I like to think that getting on a plane, everyone has this unspoken expectation of conduct where you behave and don’t cause panic and terror to others on the flight.

And the reward for being good is the plane lands safely and we all go off to do our own thing. But while onboard, chill out. This isn’t a platform to espouse your (wrong) constitutional position.

And if you break this silent covenant, I’m very happy if you are put on some federal no-fly list, your government-assigned code shows you to be a problem-citizen and puts you on the radar of the Deep State.

But seriously, this isn’t like getting on a bus. There’s so many points where obedience is required, yet you choose 30,000 feet to make a stand and decree you will not submit to the tyranny of the State, and if the commotion and ruckus causes some to be fearful of their personal safety in a vulnerable pressurized tube, too bad.

Thank you for flying Air Walmart.

13 Likes

Same…

1 Like

Well, in which case there is no point in telling them they need to don their mask. Just proceed straight to the punch in the mouth, STAT! They’re asking for it. (not /s)

2 Likes
4 Likes

Menwhile in France, a passenger who refused to wear a mask was thrown off a train at a station in the middle of nowhere that the train wasn’t scheduled to stop at.

18 Likes

“Plane, Trains and Automobiles: 2020”

2 Likes

Ah… the “Bucket O’ Crabs”.

1 Like

Look, you are expected to do certain things on board a plane for your safety and the safety of those around you: wear a seatbelt, don’t smoke in the loo, don’t be drunk and disorderly, etc. etc. I don’t understand why this is the hill so many of these idjits are choosing to die on.

1 Like

There was a guy in my local grocery, 7am, right at opening, clearly agitated, with a big, brand new white T-Shirt, completely covered in marker scrawl. I saw a big mask with a slash through it, and stopped looking. I desperately wanted to read the rest, but I didn’t want him to get the pleasure of seeing me reading it.

He stalked through the store, round and round for the entire time I was in there, never picked up an item. This just seems to be a glorious opportunity for people who thrive on conflict.

6 Likes

5 Likes

Except that there is someone who violates one or all of those rules on every damn flight. Most commonly, it’s number 1.

“Excuse me, sir, I don’t want to have to scrape your pancreas off the ceiling when we hit turbulence. Could you please buckle up? Thanks.”

6 Likes
8 Likes

It would have been even better if it had been a station entirely without scheduled service. Or if the passenger were simply thrown off the train without troubling to stop it, which is what I misread the first time.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.