Group of five men arrested for disorderly conduct and punching cops after refusing to wear masks on fight

Originally published at: Group of five men arrested for disorderly conduct and punching cops after refusing to wear masks on fight | Boing Boing

5 Likes

@markfrauenfelder, I think you mean “flight” in the headline instead of fight?

20 Likes

Wow, that’s a lot of first names.

21 Likes

I count 10.

9 Likes

Inspiration for a segment of a live-action “South Park” movie, no doubt.

10 Likes

don’t need to see the video. we have all heard these stories lately, and the mugshots speak for themselves. way to go, assholes!

19 Likes

I doubt “thinking” ever came into the equation.

17 Likes

There is strange discord happening in airports. Airlines require masks onboard yet just around the gates they couldn’t care less. Maskless folks abound waiting to board. Airline personnel appear to turn a blind eye to what’s right in front of them. Passive aggressive enforcement isn’t helping.

24 Likes

Anybody else get a strong Animal Kingdom vibe from those mugshots?

5 Likes

That’s been my experience at most airports. My local airport has been on top of it. They don’t leave it to the airline staff, it is handled by airport staff and security. Take your mask off outside dedicated eating areas and you’re surrounded in moments.

33 Likes

So many people with inappropriate fight or flight responses.

31 Likes

Didn’t dreadlock white dudes used to be peaceful loving types or were they always assholes?

6 Likes

These guys all look like bar patrons from the show Renegade.

9 Likes

Pugilism presents its own COVID-19 challenges.

5 Likes

Is that a festively wrapped severed arm tied to his cycle?

Eww. Sometimes I just don’t understand biker culture

19 Likes

Used to be, but when the mullet-wearers realised it was all up and switched to dreadlocks it was the end of that peaceful vibe. /s

Also, this guy gets it and makes sure his passengers also get it.

The original version I saw also had him explaining how easy it was to not drink alcohol for 1 hour and 43 minutes. Couldn’t find that version, immediately, unfortunately.

19 Likes

I doubt that this is the case in this circumstance, but whenever I see a group of dudes arrested like this I always wonder if one of them isn’t in the process of realizing how poorly he misjudged his friends and wondering how he ended up in this situation. I’ve definitely been around dudes who seemed reasonable at first, but at some point demonstrated that they were shockingly sociopathic.

And it’s always dudes.

15 Likes

We are a nation of spoiled brats. Flying has always been terrible even under the best of conditions, and now it’s just untenable. I’ll probably never fly again.

13 Likes

That’s three rolls of rainbow toilet paper. You gotta bring your own for some of the seedier road houses.

11 Likes

The airline can only control what happens on their aircraft pretty much. Out in the terminal the airport management and security are responsible for enforcement of any local mandates.

7 Likes