Brawl on plane after passenger refuses to wear mask and refuses to leave

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/21/brawl-on-plane-after-passenger.html

6 Likes

No one should be on a plane, period.

31 Likes

An actual catfight (my first) was the opposite of what Seinfeld had conditioned me to expect.

1 Like

Perfectly normal country.

7 Likes

This nation is at the precipice.

11 Likes

I hope and expect that the airline bans them. I am churlish enough to also hope that this was their return trip and they’re stuck trying to find an alternate way home.

27 Likes

I’m having trouble understanding the text of this tweet

20 Likes

I think the guy regularly provides “tips” for sports betting on his twitter. And is using this tweet to promote himself.

ie: these ladies are upset that they didn’t take advantage of his picks, and are now so upset they’re fighting on a plane.

7 Likes

I liked it because there was hair pulling and it made me feel classy

10 Likes

Ah, thank you!

1 Like

Pffft - The Marquis of Queensbury Rules are for poltroons! (yeah, you heard me,POLTROONS). Broughton all the way with Fibbing is where it’s at. These ladies get it.

Broughton’s era brought rules to make boxing more civilized, there were still many moves in this era that are illegal in today’s gloved boxing… Grappling was allowed during this time and many favored the use of cross-buttocks throw and suplexes, although grabs below the waist were illegal. Clinching, known as chancery, were also legal and in-use. Fibbing, where a boxer grabs hold of an opponent by the neck or hair and pummel him multiple times, were allowed.

stay classy america

8 Likes

I also needed this translation.

4 Likes

Every real fight I’ve seen has looked almost exactly like this. A bunch of wrestling around, ineffective punches, trash talk, etc.

Except maybe this one. https://youtu.be/IVF-XljfAlk

1 Like

Relax, folks. This is all just a part of our post-lock down Spontaneous In-Flight Entertainment Package. More performances will be forthcoming. Enjoy your flight.

5 Likes

“The plane is going down!! Everyone stay in your seats”!

I think the nation already fell off the precipice and now some of us are just trying to crawl back out of the pit while others are grabbing at our ankles trying to pull us in deeper.

17 Likes

Still does not explain or parse the ‘What we know for is the…’

Maybe he meant “What we know for sure is that.…”

2 Likes

Yeah - at first you think they’re also trying to pull themselves out, selfishly using others’ ankles to do it, but nope… they really are trying to pull everyone else back in.

5 Likes

♪Real life fighting is awkward♪

Seriously though, it’s probably the place (outside medical contexts) where wearing masks is most obviously important.

2 Likes