Breaking: Pharma bro Martin Shkreli guilty of fraud

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/08/04/breaking-pharma-bro-martin-sh.html

5 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

10 Likes

So, did the price of Daraprim ever get reduced? I heard not. For that reason alone, he has earned a whole lot of bad karma. Killing people because you make more money that way? Screw you, Bro.

21 Likes

Adios asshole.

13 Likes

The cost of doing business then. Fines become meaningless when dealing with people like this.

25 Likes

“This was a witch hunt of epic proportions,” he said. “They may have found some broomsticks.”

…but not the unguent. Looks like he’ll stay greasy.

4 Likes

15 Likes

I’ve read some articles on white collar criminal sentencing. Their lawyers always ask for shorter sentences, because they won’t be equipped to deal with prison. However, white collar criminals tend to do really, really well in prison since they are used to learning systems, and learning what boundaries can be pushed and which are firm, organizing people, negotiating, etc. All of which are useful skills both in corporate America and prison.

13 Likes

…this just in… Trump pardons Shkreli and nominates to head SEC

10 Likes

“It’s okay,” his lawyers tell him, “I’m sure your extensive knowledge of Wu-Tang Clan will buy you some cred…”

7 Likes

Now he can focus on his new status quest: sharing a cell with his favorite President.

5 Likes

He’s white, he’s rich. I’m sure that the embarrassment of being convicted is more than enough for a sensitive person like him. The Court orders him to serve 80 hours of community service tending bar at Mar-A-Lago.

4 Likes

I think I would opt for prison over that. Just sayin.

2 Likes

That’s because you’re a loser who couldn’t learn from your time serving the (very wealthy and well-connected) public.

Maybe they could reduce his sentence indexed to the cost of the drugs. They they could just sentence him to 1000 years and put the ball back in the hands of the free market.

6 Likes

That part was legal, he could have achieved the American dream if he had stuck to just robbing non-wealthy people.

5 Likes

Dude, that’s nightmare fuel. I was just about to go to bed too…

2 Likes

3 Likes

Besides the fact that this idiot finally was convicted of something, the real news here is that there was another non-related Martin Shkreli in the same court being arraigned the same day.

2 Likes

Just goes to show; sometimes bad things happen to good people :frowning: