Breastfeeding mom was secretly filmed and shamed on Facebook. Here's the mom's epic response

AIUI Jamestown was first, and was founded by regular British merchants looking to commit some atrocities and make some money :pound:

The Puritans were later, and somewhere else

6 Likes

Huh… so the dairy cow who supplies milk and cheese and butter and yogurt and ice cream… is her udder for just the bull (?) (!) and no one else? Not even her calf?

Are humans so very special that, unlike every. other. lactating. mammal. on. earth. somehow it’s just only humans who “must” to consign their mammary glands to their male[-only] life partner?

head-desk.gif

Wow, I am really sorry you’ve come across that bizarre uh philosophy IRL. I can imagine what must have gone through your mind, but stopped at the well-disciplined-mouth part of your body.

====================

And hey if there is anyone reading this, check your own state’s laws about nursing babies, and please support people who breastfeed their babies. Be an ally! I was lucky to have a bunch of allies and it made my life (and my son’s) so much better.

17 Likes

ACCURATE

7 Likes

Breast feeding is natural. Breast feeding is good for the mother and child. Most public places are appropriate for breast feeding. Places where it isn’t appropriate aren’t because of exposed breasts, but rather the intrusion of crying babies or uncontrolled toddlers into spaces where other people pay to be there. Movies, theatres, and restaurants. I understand the desire for parents of young people to go out, but imposing noise pollution that you cannot control onto others is inconsiderate at best.

1 Like

None of that has to do with breastfeeding; it has to do with parenting. I’ve seen parents feeding babies at restaurants where the baby was making less noise than any adult in the room. Heck, I’ve been that parent. I’ve also seen obnoxious adults ruining everyone else’s experience in such venues.

The answer to loud children (and adults) in such circumstances is to take them outside while they are being loud. Strangely, that only seems to happen with kids…

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure this is a thread about breastfeeding.

But I can see how some people might consider it free license to bash parents and parenting in general. This puts them squarely on the side of the jerk in the original story, not one of the good guys.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.