Breastfeeding stickers turn mom's nursing breast into “fruit”

[Read the post]

1 Like

Aww, I thought this was gonna be large stickers that looked like cantaloupes, watermelons, mangos, other large fruits.

25 Likes

Hmm, at first I was skeptical and thought the nudity would just distract everyone, but after considering it… I think it’s pretty thought provoking. My initial response was vague shock followed by “…huh.” But then, I’m pro-breastfeeding to begin with. Not sure how this would be taken in by the anti-sorts. If there are anti-sorts (???).

3 Likes

I personally hate it when supermarkets put stickers on that stuff. Half the time I forget it’s there until it ends up in my mouth.

18 Likes

Half the time?

2 Likes

I’d wear stickers on my mangoes. (Yes, I call them mangoes (why are you looking at me weird?))

10 Likes

Now THERE’s a boob who shouldn’t have been allowed out in public.

10 Likes

11 Likes

I’d say an In-N-Out burger wrapper would go further to normalizing breast feeding than a fruit sticker. Just saying.

3 Likes

There are always anti-sorts for everything.

1 Like

You know, I’m thinking maybe Trump might be in with a chance after all. Some portion of the US electorate seem to like their Commander in Chief to be as dumb as a bucket of slugs.

1 Like

Warren Harding?

1 Like

Which means you’re not washing them first, are you?
/shaking a mom finger at you

10 Likes

That’s what I was thinking… Who eats apples without thoroughly rinsing them first?

I live in Washington, and cross the Cascades a few times a year. The eastern foothills are where they grow the vast majority of the nations’ apples, and I’ve stopped and asked a couple of the small farmers if they’d show me around. They happily obliged.

The sheer amount pesticide usage was rather startling for me. They used various pesticides multiple times throughout the whole process of growing, ripening, harvesting, storage and transportation of the apples, but I’m not going to complain. It keeps the apple trees healthy, and prevents their crop from rotting on the branch and on the way to the store. And it prevents me from buying what looks like a bunch of awesome apples, only to find them full of maggots when I get home.

We all know that all fruit is treated with pesticides organic or not. But there should at least be a little red exclamation point sticker on each fruit informing the buyer to wash it before consumption. As agent K said: “A person is smart, People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.”

7 Likes

I guess it makes sense, as an ad campaign, if a major obstacle to boobsnacking is that women are ashamed of their breasts. I’m not sure that is the problem, but I don’t think the ad agency were interested in any pro bono campaign that didn’t fill their portfolio with tits

3 Likes

Pretty sure that new mothers aren’t ashamed of their breasts so much as inconvenienced by fucking immature, moralizing prudes who can’t stand the idea that they’re responsible for their own actions.

Probably a better campaign would be to hand out bullhorns to new mothers with a pre-recorded message that says:

#IF YOU’RE OFFENDED BY MY BREAST FEEDING FUCK OFF YOU SHITHEEL. MY INFANT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR JUDGMENTAL SOCIAL SENSIBILITIES YOU INSUFFERABLE PRUDISH TROGLODYTE. NOW GO AWAY OR I WILL TAUNT YOU A SECOND TIME, YOU INSIDIOUS MAN-CHILD WHO NEVER FIGURED OUT HOW TO MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

Or something like that.

25 Likes

I really don’t like shouting. But I do love your post.

A thing that really intreages me; why is it (or seems) not a problem to show violence to, in my opinion, a high degree? But showing a breast, oh lala… That’s bad. Even in a normal natural function. (Let’s not talk about it being just body parts, or oh may, …)

(Edit, it’s the nipple showing, isn’t?)

12 Likes

In American culture at least, I believe it’s the puritanical roots. The bible, when interpreted from a literal or fundamentalist point of view says, basically “violence against bad people is good” and “sex is almost always bad.”

It also has a heavy emphasis on its message that women should be subjugated by men in both the old testament and the new testament. And allowing women to cause “impure” feelings in a man is, to a biblical literalist, allowing women to exercise power over men. So sex depictions are a big no-no.

As far as I can tell it’s the residual effects of a country founded by prudes and murderers for jesus.

9 Likes

Because you wear an octopus on your head.

3 Likes

And from that view point, it’s to many to ask (let alone expect) from man and woman, to see a breast in it’s natural (feeding) function and don’t think about sex?

I see, go around, a lot of people of an other potential fundamental religion. And when feeding the youngest one when really little, it was totally not a problem. When he was a bit older it was. But maybe understandable: :wink: Sluurp, oooh, what’s there? Breast in the open etc, mouth still attached, kid looking somewhere. :wink:
Maybe such a sticker had helped. Noo…

1 Like