#Brexit: Actual footage of UK trying to leave EU

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/26/brexit-actual-footage-of-uk.html

10 Likes

e8sEsY4

31 Likes

I think the barrier fence guy is the most apt one. The umbrella is the icing.

The bicycle might do it if the guy was wearing a clown/Boris wig.

10 Likes

I like how Britain has gone Orange in that. It’s… Reflective of the current situation…

6 Likes

He almost made it. Almost…

5 Likes

irony is announcing “well I’m taking my balls and going home”

7 Likes

Well, if that water was super cold at least he doesn’t have to worry about putting an ice pack on his little buddies.

4 Likes

bottle

22 Likes

Hmm, was that perhaps Italian Prosecco?

2 Likes
10 Likes

I believe this gentleman (in the Boing Boing sense) may have been first…

15 Likes

Hmmmm…

Needs more dumpster fire.

4 Likes

Dumpster fire doesn’t even begin to cover it

5 Likes

How about all countries exit, then reconstitute the EU without article 13?

9 Likes

Abolishing patents for surgical procedures and for software (EU forces both on member states) would also be a a good idea.

2 Likes

I can’t even imagine being in that much pain and not being able to curl up in a ball, but have to actively keep myself afloat in cold water.

tenor%20(1)

5 Likes

1l0m2w

9 Likes

The analogy presents the subject as one with a single defined and chosen goal.

This is not Brexit.

48% voted for the status quo.
52% voted for everything else - from EEA/EFTA to Pariah state with added SOV-REN-TEA.

May then compounded the issue by going full UKIP Extremist in her RED LINES and then holding a needless GE - where she lost her majority.

In summary :
Half never wanted to leave
Half can’t decide what “leave” should be like.

10 Likes
4 Likes

To be fair to Mrs May, the ERG guys have in the course of a few days gone from saying her deal is the worst ever, to saying it is the best ever.

Of course that’s because they think they can persuade May to resign in return for the ERG votes getting her deal over the line. They hope then to influence the next prime minister towards a super hard real deal.

The alternative is to wait for Parliament to come up with a new deal. This will inevitably be softer, and will require a long extension, and a second referendum at the end, with Remain on the ballot.

Everyone knows that Remain is now the people’s choice by a small but continuously growing margin.

Thus if you are a Hard Brexiteer, now is your best chance to force the UK out of the EU on the terms you like the best.

4 Likes