Brexit and Brexit Accessories

That’s that then. I wish to thank all brexit bullshitters for selling future generations down the river, generations denied the opportunities that those before them enjoyed. Happy new year and i hope you all rot in your scummy hells.

9 Likes
4 Likes

The government has known about this for years, and has made plans to divert trade to other ports around the country and has built lorry parks in Kent, to avoid gridlock on the roads.

Has it though? Did they actually finish any of the lorry parks in Kent? I don’t think parking lorries on the runway at Manston counts.

5 Likes
6 Likes
2 Likes
8 Likes

Hope he gets refused.

5 Likes

Stanley Johnson voted remain.

EDIT: Oh.

Stanley Johnson, who voted to remain in the EU in the 2016 Brexit referendum but has since changed his mind, told the French radio station RTL that he was “already French” and claiming what was rightfully his.

2 Likes

He was also a “I’ll go to the pub if I want to Covidiot”. His son wasn’t particularly pro Brexit either. It was just his quickest route to power.

6 Likes
15 Likes

Gibraltar in Schengen

That is an interesting one… is this a test case for the de-colonialisation of Scotland and Wales? The Irish did the Empire’s colonies a huge favour in 1921; the process got a lot more peaceful for the rest of us after that fight. England’s closer colonies haven’t really been as restive since, but have not had quite the motivation to split.

Indeed, one might ask if Northumbria and Cornwall will remain allied with Sussex and Wessex? :face_with_hand_over_mouth: We might end up with Sussex by itself, trying to keep the lights on at Canary Wharf while Essex, Wessex, East Anglia, Mercia and Kent etc. depart for EU membership.

I mean, if you’re going to play the “make my country great again” game, play it with some conviction… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I was wondering if they thought they could route their shipping though there?

Park it in the harbor for a few minutes as regular EU trade - send it off to a large British port.

3 Likes

Never happen. But yes, smuggling was definitely part of Britain’s plans if they get away with it. NI obviously.

And oh my god as we diverge will there be smuggling on the border. Once they get rid of their customs on the Irish sea (if they can swing that) then smuggling becomes the main business of Northern Ireland.

6 Likes

I was wondering if they thought they could route their shipping though there?

That gave me a flashback to my brief stint in the oil industry… took me a while to find a reference on line… This has a precedent in the Eisenhower days… I’m sure there are many other examples…

“Brownsville Loop” a.k.a. the “Mexican Merry-go-round”, “Brownsville U-Turn” or “El Loophole”.
Screenshot_2021-01-01 Handbook of Oil Industry Terms Phrases, 6th Edition
I can’t prove this, but when I was told about it I recall that there was some advantage to not all of the oil going into Mexico again actually being Mexican… :thinking:

7 Likes

Brexit trade deal advises governments to use Netscape Communicator and SHA-1. Why? It’s all in the DNA

People are pointing to the inclusion of Netscape Navigator and SHA-1 in the newly-minted British Brexit trade deal – yet no one seems to have realised part of the text in question is a treaty underpinning an EU-wide DNA database.
[…]
Unilaterally modifying a treaty with more than 20 international signatories could open a can of worms – so it’s no surprise that the whole thing has been included in the Brexit trade deal, AES-256, SHA-1 and all.
[…]

4 Likes

As the article says, it’s absurd that people LOLed and speculated about a cut and paste job instead of bothering to find the source text.

Meanwhile, news of a post-Brexit export success:

2 Likes

It’s also the dirty text for outline approval with technical, non contentious items to be filled in later.

3 Likes

still don’t see how they could have free movement between these Schengen Counties and Europe and also free movement within the UK without Those Dirty Foreigners /s ending up in the xenophobic counties, which is the whole thing they didn’t want

1 Like

That was literally the plot of the final episode of Yes Minister (before it morphed into Yes, Prime Minister).

9 Likes

I’ll just leave this here for reference:

15 Likes