Brexit wins: Britain votes to exit the European Union

Well, it’s probably nothing to worry about. Nationalism and racial hatred combined with a collapsing economy have never resulted in bad things happening in Europe, as far as I remember.

58 Likes

14 Likes

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!111 (BREATH)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

5 Likes
29 Likes

On the plus side, there’s probably never been a better time for a filthy foreign barbarian such as myself to buy from amazon.co.uk

10 Likes

Unfortunately, none of us get 'beamed up"… we’re all down here, together, and have to face the consequences.

4 Likes

Watching the BBC live coverage. Lib Dems (Tim Farron) are blaming the Labour Party(!)

3 Likes

This is also a blow to the future of The United Federation of Planets. :frowning:

13 Likes

I hope someone invades this garbage island. It barely matters who.

1 Like

Correction.

England and Wales have voted to exit.

Time for another referendum, time to man the lifeboats.

6 Likes

is already, mostly.

genexer’s look like they boarded that train along with them.

Fuck Fuck Fuck

Nice to see we’re now going to get a solid day at least of certain sections of the political elite & media bragging about how this is a victory against the elite and a great day for the common man whilst getting ready various implements to shaft the working class and quietly making a killing on the biggest pound/dollar slump in 31 years.

At least there’s Glastonbury this weekend.

15 Likes

60 Likes

Australia, here I come.

I don’t believe this is real.

8 Likes

On the plus side, we’re about to have a front-row seat to a real-world test of what happens when you end neoliberal trade policies.

All the Trump and Sanders people who are anti-trade will get to see what happens when free trade ends. We’ll finally find out if the “experts” were just blowing smoke all this time as anti-globalization folks seem to believe.

3 Likes

yes. Because wanting to deal with the negatives of “free trade” is really the same thing as racists pissed about refugees not wanting to live in a war zone. Please. put us all in the Trump/Brexit box, because that’s going to help here.

27 Likes

Oh, I don’t mean to say Sanders people are racist or anything, but what happens to Britain will be a good proof of whether free trade is good or bad since that is what is directly under assault right now.

Look, I really don’t care if you agree with Sanders, it’s fine if you disagree, but can you stop lumping us all into the same category as Trump, etc? There is a fair amount of space between the two (and the Brexit supporters).

17 Likes

Not sure if you can get that from someone who can boil things down to being simply “free trade” or “anti-trade”.

10 Likes