Brexit wins: Britain votes to exit the European Union

“Hey, Social Democrats and Fascists both say that rich people aren’t perfect. They’re all the same, right?”

30 Likes

15 Likes

If they hold the same position on neoliberal trade policies, then yes, they are identical… from a trade policy perspective.

2 Likes

Well, Canada’s bucking that rightward trend, for whatever that’s worth. Not that we’re a global superpower or anything, but we try to be a beacon of hope, at least.

12 Likes

Madness and stupidity!
Here we see a historic event indeed. The event of a whole nation comitting suicide. European leaders, especially here in Germany, allready announced that the Britons will not be touched with velvet gloves in the exit negotiations. The put themselves in a canoe on shit creek without a paddle and we all have to face the fallout now.

6 Likes

Look, I’m not trying to be bitchy, okay, but I grew up in an area that was impacted by “free trade” policies, that had no respect for people, real live human beings, trying to do nothing more than work a job, pay their bills, and feed their families. And assholes like Trump and the people who tout the Brexit do nothing but feed into a narrative that only reinforces these racists divisions already existent in our society in order to economically benefit them. They don’t care about working people and the struggles they go through. They don’t. They only want to divert resources to their own pockets. We can deal with the problems inherent in free trade without blaming it on the nebulous “other” (however that’s being defined).

40 Likes

Rumor is that David Cameron is going to resign.

http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/bbcmedia_lrsussex_mf_p.m3u

I’m listening to random local BBC drive time programming. I find them an interesting source.

A live stream of BBC One is up right now too: http://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-politics-36570120

I can see it in the US at least.

Wow. Carnage for bank stocks. Barclays down 35%, RBS down 35%. Llyod’s down 27%. Deutsche Bank down 17%. This is as big as the 2008 crash.

Spain proposes ‘shared sovereignty’ over Gibraltar!

3 Likes

Hey - the UK is going to start cosying right up to Commonwealth partners, like real soon! Hugs to you!

Yeah and that’s why they can keep up their “Blame the EU” rhetoric for at least 2 years. It’s gonna interesting to watch who they’ll blame after the negotiations, when the grace period is over and they’re finally out. Possibly Immigrants? Germany still trying to take over the world? France the old enemy? Catholics and the Pope?

2 Likes

Wow. David Cameron is resigning as Prime Minister of the UK.

This was smart. Let someone else deal with it.

Aaaand gone. If they wanted to get rid of that pig-molester, there was surely less damaging ways to do so.

2 Likes

Resigning in October, so we have some time to prepare for the transition from pigfucker to Boris.

4 Likes

Retirees across the country are opening their newspapers and smiling contentedly at the result. They contemplate what they need to buy from Sainsbury’s today.

Working people across the country are wondering how this will impact their jobs or their ability to find their next contract. How it will affect the exchange rate for their family holiday, that they work all year for.

12 Likes

If I export, I can make more money. The shorter the shipping distance, the cheaper the freight, the more competitive my goods will be.

Fuck Britain, what have you done?

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh489/CarlosFandangoWooWoo/damnyou_zps9uoq4mxe.jpg

12 Likes

Fucking. Hell.

I…I’m dumfounded. I really thought this would go the other way.

10 Likes

Well, I woke up to find I am no longer European, I have probably lost 25% of my pension, and 52% of my nation would sacrifice their economy, reputation, and children’s futures just to stick their tongues out at the foreigners. It will take twenty years to undo this, and I may not live to see it happen. But in the midst of this supercell storm cloud is the world’s tiniest silver lining - Cameron is stepping aside to make room for our very own bonsai Trump, Boris Johnson.

Oh, hey, is that this month’s copy of ‘What Monastery’? After you with that, please?

38 Likes