Brexit's proposed racist immigration policy will backfire

Much to digest (actually: “first read article”). I’ll go ahead and admit that someone who writes their name ‘Beauchamp’ and expects it to be pronounced ‘Beecham’ doesn’t inspire me to defer to authority.

In any case, I’ll read it, and track down the links and reference and then comment. Hopefully, this topic will still be open for comments by then. We’ll see.

You forgot to include “…the feeling that they’re unrepresented by Brussels (and London)…”

Nope, I mean ‘elites’ in the sense of rich people.

The kind who can afford a pied-à-terre in London, have gone to Eton, and seem to have no empathy nor sympathy for the working class.

You think people like BoJo care about absolutes in the slightest? They don’t. They will say whatever it takes to be on top today, and then say the exact opposite if that means they’ll still be on top tomorrow. It’s a bipartisan affliction (Jeremy Corbyn was for leaving the EU, before being for Remain after being elected leader, before de-facto welcoming the Leave result - to be fair, he has the excuse of having to defend party policy beyond his personal convictions, but still). What they think “deep down” has nothing to do with their political platform, which is what they need to get leverage here or there. It’s all a big game for them, it’s just us peons thinking that ideological battles matter in the slightest.

I’m a kind and gentle person in this life, and yet I wish great ill on Boris Johnson.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.