Bridal trend: "Extremely revealing," low-cut wedding gowns

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/18/bridal-trend-extremely-reve.html

3 Likes

That dress in the picture… umm yeah. That isn’t low cut. That is bare minimum cut and I am going to just wonder over the mechanics of how things stay properly in place.

16 Likes

i love a wedding dress that says

[borat voice]

you can never get this!

4 Likes

I am going to just wonder over the mechanics of how things stay properly in place.

in simple cases, double-sided tape. For something like this: spirit-gum (theatrical adhesive for prosthetics and makeup) at a minimum.

A cosplayer revealed to me that all those itty bitty Valkirie bikinis aren’t actually glued to these girls’ breasts/nipples. instead, they’re glued to a whole prosthetic breast which is glued OVER the real breast to the much more sturdy (and less sensitive!) surrounding area and is just blended VERY well with body makeup.

35 Likes

We’ve jumped the shark as a society on so many topics that this doesn’t phase me at all. My eye muscles haven’t been given a chance to skip roll day at the gym.

12 Likes

Also; the bodice is most likely fabric and lace over a heavy, shaped wire frame.

6 Likes

Well I was just about to suggest Nipple Glue™.

1 Like

I love learning something new every day!

7 Likes

An hour in and no Betazoid wedding jokes. I am disappoint.

27 Likes

No need to pay for an over priced gown that way.

8 Likes

23 Likes

I’m reminded of a comment in a Sharyn McCrumb novel; the bride was raised Wiccan, and someone in the coven says; “Dear Goddess; I hope she doesn’t want a Wiccan ceremony. We’ll have to go sky-clad, and we’re all over 50.”

13 Likes

Is $10k actually high end for a wedding dress? From what I’ve seen of the industry it is a first order racket.

I especially like how they make a huge deal about keeping it forever to make sure there is no secondary market for a gown that you will only ever wear once.

18 Likes

These dresses are not cheap.

Um, ok but what, oh fuck it…

1 Like

Just go full Minoan and maybe we can all get over this.

25 Likes

I am guessing - not a Catholic wedding.

Looks like really bad White Queen Cosplay. Or really good, depending on your perspective.

5 Likes

Actually, the dress in the photo is improperly fitted. You should not be able to see the inside lining of the dress in the cleavage area. A well fitted, well made dress with a skin-tight top will hug the body, not have 4-5 inches flop forward in such a strategic area. A good designer (with the help of boning, starch, and MAYBE some sticky tape) can construct the dress fit as if it were painted on.

13 Likes

13 Likes

I’ve never gotten this. I can understand if you have the assets and you want to show them off, but a strapless dress? Unless you are taking it to the level of gluing fake bits of things on or perhaps have those perfect genetics of firm DD’s a strapless dress really isn’t that flattering. Why not a plunging halter, then at lesst you have some level of support.

3 Likes

I wonder when the “exposed hairy chest with big gold chains” look will come back in vogue for grooms.

17 Likes