Bridal trend: "Extremely revealing," low-cut wedding gowns

Indeed, we have a thing hanging in our closet that is of no use to anyone. However, the only reason we haven’t sold it is because laziness.

At least I was able to use my wedding suit for job interviews for a few years, until it began to look ridiculous (or so I was told by people who have some sense of fashion).

5 Likes

Ah, the old “Jasmine Tridevil” trick.

5 Likes

I guess I must know those boring heretic wiccans who don’t always do skyclad ceremonies (unless they want to).

I attended a friend’s Wiccan confirmation ceremony, and I was warned that it was going to be skyclad. It wasn’t, he was just trying to wind me up. Oh, okay. Heck, when I "Bob"tized, it was naaaked!

5 Likes

Why should I care what people wear to their own private ceremonies? (Aside from mild general interest in random social trends)

Any specific reason why you dropped images from original text and replaced them with this one?

3 Likes
6 Likes

Not anytime soon, I’d guess. At least not in cis-gendered hetero ceremonies, where in most cases, woman’s primary job is to be looked at, and man’s primary job is to look.

9 Likes

You never go full Minoan!

9 Likes

Meta: Not complaining about the picture, but if I wanted to inhibit preview of NSFW content, is there a way to mark it as such? Or are all images up to a certain size available for preview inline?

1 Like

I don’t think there’s anything you could do, barring getting your browser to not load any images without asking for permission first, but the image could have been spoilered, by the original poster.

1 Like

Yeah thats probably the answer. Thanks.

2 Likes

Yeah… Mia Sara did it first, and did it classier in Legend, as ‘Dark Lili’:

12 Likes

Both bride and groom should both be able to be in any state of dress or undress as they choose on their special day, but if they are planning something “special” they might let the more sensitive relatives and invitees know in the invitations so they can plan to attend or not attend according to their own sensitivities.

almost nipples? meh. big deal. i wouldn’t be outraged if the bride and groom were stark naked.
It is 2018, i really think we can get past puritanical body issues.

6 Likes

How on trend does Megan Markle tend to be? Because I don’t think this is going to go down very well with her new in-laws.

2 Likes

Boingboing goes full tabloid. How low can you go indeed.

2 Likes

Garbo, in Mata Hari:

(Also, Kay Francis was kind of known for this kind of dress.)

13 Likes

This would save you having to find something blue, I guess. And I’m all in favor of suburban key-party sexy nudism in general, but if it’s the kind of wedding where your family will be there, that’s kind of weird.

4 Likes

Or if the fashion pendulum swings the other way in a generation or two.

“Grandma, how come we’ve never seen your wedding album?”

8 Likes

As my dear friend Patrick Cronin would say: “Minister, this is infamous. Infamous!.. We leave immediately!”

1 Like

I wish my computer wasn’t dead. I need to find and show the kiddo that movie. I think. I should probably pre-screen it, it’s been so long since I’ve seen it, and figure out how I am going to explain to her Tom Cruise…

7 Likes

Ugly, not flattering, & looks painful.

3 Likes