Bridal trend: "Extremely revealing," low-cut wedding gowns

Modern attempts to recreate the leaping on modern cattle cowboys have resulted only in a number of deaths. In short, the bull is too fast, too powerful and too aggressive to allow seizure of the horns, much less the use of the energy of the neck toss for acrobatics. Moreover, that toss is a hook to the side, not a neat backward boost.
Bull-Leaping Fresco - Wikipedia

8 Likes

*shrugs

The Legend dress design is more visually appealing, IMO.

3 Likes

Not for the Duchess of Sussex, at least!

10 Likes

15 Likes

re: the featured photo…that’s not a low-cut gown, it’s a very HIGH-cut cumberbund.

5 Likes

Wait… I think I know the young lady in the NPR picture… I think she was in one of my classes… I have to go look it up now.

4 Likes

Do not underestimate the Russians!

2 Likes

Somebody should say something about the prince’s tie though.

3 Likes

I have spent the entire day assiduously avoiding it, and you go and do this. Shame on you. :wink:

5 Likes

Meh… It’s a nice thing, overall. It was worth reading about just for the sermon by Rev. Michael Curry:

Which was lovely.

4 Likes

Meghan Markle looks gorgeous in that elegantly simple gown.

*lolz

Speaking of Luxanna Troi’s skyclad wedding; I was just thinking about that episode when I read this post, but I couldn’t find any good images to post.

7 Likes

That’s all I could find (from Trekcore, or whatever that Trek wiki is called). It’s a great episode, about duty and aging, I thought. They started out with her as something of a joke, and in later seasons they dealt with some real issues around aging with her, I thought.

6 Likes

Oh, thank you. I thought I would be the only one to object on the grounds of incompetent tailoring!

4 Likes
7 Likes

I hope this trend dies out before it’s time for my nieces and daughters of friends to get married.

Until then I plan on riding the wave. Keep your eye out for my Kickstarter for Bridal Jugs magazine - the finest bridal magazine kept behind the counter.

3 Likes

Yeahhh; depends on the time of the year, and geographical location …

2 Likes

I know fashion insiders are going to flaunt their expertise and point to one influence or another… But I’m still fascinated with this idea I read in some Heinlein novel where the length of women’s skirts had something to do with the country’s willingness to go to war. Association is not causation, I get that, but it’s interesting. And whatever subconscious sexual tribal mechanisms are at play, you might especially see in action at something like a wedding.

2 Likes

I’m going out on a limb here, but I think Phil would be okay with this.

4 Likes

The problem with pictures on ancient vases and murals and whatnot is that it’s hard to tell what is documentation and what is storyboarding.

7 Likes

Sorry. NSFW is in the eye of the beholder.

1 Like