Bright blue UFO plunges into the ocean off Hawaii

Not the observatory laser. That laser is sodium yellow.

6 Likes

I don’t thing laser guide stars are blue.(dang, beat to the punch)

4 Likes

Looks to me a lot like the stunts in my neighborhood performed by drone owners at night. In particular the shape looks to change as if the lower portion is an illuminated sock experiencing drag during motion.

5 Likes

Be not totally dismayed. There are other lasers in Hawaii not used for astronomy but rather for readback of data from strategic near-GEO satellites. Those are just plain diode lasers that do not have to be yellow, but seeing them is hard without having a 10-m aperture and cooled CCD detector.

2 Likes

3 Likes

It kind of looked like a paraglider to me. Can you paraglide in the dark?

9 Likes

My first thought is that someone just lost their blue LED equipped drone in the ocean. Whoops.

5 Likes

That’s what I thought. Some sort of glow in the dark chute being pulled by a boat maybe. You can almost make out the person below the chute.

6 Likes

Ah man, I was holding out for another Batman party balloon.

4 Likes

likely involved:

• drone or balloon
  • bright blue LEDs (modern variety is astoundingly energy efficient compared to those of 30 years ago)
3 Likes

My own beloved and now departed father in law was one who was abducted at the age of 8, was carted off to a ship where intensely strange things were done, and he was returned to bed the same night.
Unlike most Hollywood imaginations, he asserted the ship was shaped like a French horn.
He later became expert on all things UFO while wandering the deserts of the Southwest with Carlos Castenada.
He also was one of the world’s foremost authorities on the ‘Battle For Los Angeles’ alien invasion of 1941, as he was a first hand witness. He would point to the specific spot in Baldwin Hills he saw the ships.
Later after a horrifying stint in 1952-54 Korea, he became a professor of anthropology at the university level.
Why bring this here?
He was absolutely positive the alien base wasn’t in Hawaii, but Japan. Mt. Fuji somewhere. He claimed they had supported themselves by bringing patentable inventions to earth, such as Velcro.
Yes, Velcro.
They had even started the Subaru auto company with his proof being that their logo is a representation of the Pleiades star cluster, their actual home.
I loved this man so much. He was a never ending font of magic, and if he said it was Japan and not Hawaii, well,I just gotta stand with him.
Stay well Boingers.

10 Likes

You don’t recognize Trump’s escape pod?

He uses it to get to his underwater lair where he will continue his supervillain activities.

3 Likes
9 Likes

I’m jealous. The only extravagant thing about my FIL was his nose hair.

4 Likes

First contact and they can’t even turn their fucking phone sideways? What is wrong with people?

2 Likes

Only logical conclusion.

4 Likes

Fortunately some aliens are here to help us.

2 Likes

Clearly not very well, if they ditched into the ocean.

3 Likes

Perhaps formerly orbiting exotic material space junk going incandescent from heat of re-entry?

2 Likes