Bright blue UFO plunges into the ocean off Hawaii

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/08/bright-blue-ufo-plunges-into-the-ocean-off-hawaii.html

4 Likes

2020, you ended 8 days ago, remember?

20 Likes

2021 replied, “Hold my beer.”

26 Likes

Oh boy! Alien invasion!

7 Likes

They’re staying away from the 'rona

8 Likes
4 Likes

Gigantic Blueman Cock and Balls?! They are getting ready to BREEEEEEEED!!!

8 Likes

2020 is refusing to concede, and calling up the UFO mobs to make sure 2021 doesn’t take over.

15 Likes

Whatever it was it was very pleasing caerulean blue.

11 Likes

qsJ35I

20 Likes

They’re preparing to collect their scout wearing the Trump skin, now that the experiment has proved successful.

10 Likes

It’s sad it’s so blurry but I’m gonna take a stab and guess it could be some kind of plasma? I know the idea of long lived atmospheric plasma seems odd but I think it fits. *shrugs*

6 Likes
9 Likes

Laser Guide Star, probably from Mauna Kea observatory.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_guide_star

11 Likes

Before the popularity of drones, I’d have suggested it was a Chinese lantern, but now they all look like drones to me.

8 Likes

Crashed huh? Guess at the end it was an Unidentified Falling Object.

13 Likes

I’m not saying it’s aliens, but … it’s aliens

5 Likes

John Wyndham was there in 1953:

3 Likes

When we visited Maui, we ran into a few folks who were convinced that aliens visit there. Perhaps my favorite interaction was on our first day on the island. We were at a little shop, and the shopkeeper was chatting us up about how great Hawaii is, and Maui in particular. He dropped his voice a little lower.

“You know,” he said, conspiratorially, “there are only seven energy vortices on Earth. And one of them,”
<dramatic pause>
“is right here in Haleakalā. And that’s why the aliens come visit our observatories.”

It was a wonderful place with wonderful people, and every interaction made us really appreciate the unique culture we were so privileged to experience.

6 Likes

10 Likes