Brit who voted to leave EU immediately regrets it

Can I copyright the term “regrexit”?

37 Likes

ftfy +2 chars

5 Likes

Actually it’s the mentally dead pensioners that did this and it should be “sorry for your grandchildren.”

My father’s in his 90s, before the referendum he was trying to explain the issues to people who were mostly younger than him, his final comment “they just don’t think…or want to think.”

10 Likes

I admit that i fear the next US election will be another Brexit-like vote, where at the last moment things turn stupid very very quickly…
Trumpxit?
Clintonxit?

1 Like

I can’t find any confirmation of this anywhere.

On the actual EU website, the quote is: “In a free and democratic process, the British people have expressed their wish to leave the European Union. We regret this decision but respect it.”

That doesn’t sound like they’re refusing to validate anything.

Can you find a more official source for this? Right now, it seems spurious at best.

2 Likes

It looks like it’s the French version of The Onion or something similar.

5 Likes

12 Likes

I dunno. The Onion’s headlines are satirical; this headline is just plain trolling.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Le Gorafi is a satirical site.

edit: Yep. Le Gorafi - Wikipedia

The French have been driving trollies the English (and vice versa) since 1066.

Actually, I found it pretty funny, since it plays right into British complaints about EU bureaucracy.

11 Likes

Can someone edit this so its Scotland cutting off England?

4 Likes

You mean the decade that ended with the unions strangle hold on the nation, weekly power cuts as a result and rubbish filling the streets? I think you may just have got it. How about some forward thinking for a change?

1 Like

It seems the problem here was that more people wanted to say they voted for leaving then actually wanted GB to leave the EU. So lets hope they work that out before they put this back on the ballot. It will have to be cool to join!

Got your choice here.

Do you want England cut loose from Scotland:

Or Scotland cut loose from England:

(Found both on Google searching for Bugs Bunny Scotland gif )

24 Likes

Hmm, hard choice, does the rest of great Brittain become more like a banana republic or does Scotland become more scandahoovian.

2 Likes

The winter of discontent was a particular high water mark.

3 Likes
8 Likes

In Britain? Come on! What is this, Luxembourg?

1 Like

…and go back to driving cars with superior Lucas electrical systems.

7 Likes

As the new Romania of the EU. They might need some human resources. Who the fuck wants a country full of racists so irrational they’d rather watch the whole fucking country burn then share it with an immigrant. Welcome to the modern American experience. Answer is… no one.

Who’s gonna invest in a country run by racists so racist they vote against their own countries future? I live in one. Looking to divest. Willing to bartend and fix computers really anywhere still civilized.

Uruguay. Small islands in the Caribbean. Basically anywhere without nationalistic morons ruining everything because they’re old and health care is just too good. I’m looking for the opposite. Where can old people not survive. The moon. The internet. Well. Not until 2.0. I blame that parasite Zuckerberg. He networked the fuckwads by making an interface so simple, all the fuckwads could use it.

Not a safe environment for investments.

Plus… isn’t the UK just a territory about the size of Oregon, but with 80,000,000 people in it?

What exactly, besides racist old people, do they produce?

Racist old people. God how useless. Lazy. Good for literally nothing. Fucking up society.

Makes me wonder who would win in a stuffing who on trains fight.

A bunch of young people fighting for their survival, or a bunch of old people fighting against someone else’s survival.

That’s a pretty shaky plan… old racist people. Maybe you need to stop talking about trains and camps and forced whatever…

Before someone realizes those geriatric fascist fuckers stack well and can’t resist all that much.

But why bother. London rents just dropped by half.

The neighborhood went bad overnight. All across the UK in one night.

And a lot of old racists are responsible. And all the social services just uh. Bankrupted?

How’s the NHS gonna buy it’s meds with pounds that are worth pennies?

Well. Maybe some problems really do solve themselves.

I predict a demographic shift coming for the UK. God save the queen.

4 Likes

The problem is, Communism has the exact same problem: it’s made of people.

11 Likes