Brit who voted to leave EU immediately regrets it

Ian Paisley is encouraging people to get Irish passports(!)

6 Likes

Sunderland, where Nissan have invested 4 billion quid, voted to leave. Despite the Japanese saying clearly that a leave vote would be unfavourable for investment.

What, were there jealous people who didn’t get jobs with Nissan?

WTF.

I’m close to “bring the army in to fix this”. Re-run today please.

4 Likes

I’m thinking we should re-run all of 2016, really. The whole year is clearly broken, and it would be highly irresponsible to continue using it going into November.

23 Likes

It was not. We also got sent home from school, but home was even colder still. And our father was never there because he was working 3 jobs to keep us afloat as inflation ran rampant.

3 Likes

Meanwhile, the EU is basically doing this:

4 Likes

… and it’s going to get costly. If Britain wants to rejoin it’ll have to jump through a lot of hoops to get there. So many in fact that I don’t think rejoining is even possible. One of the hurdles e.g.: New members have to accept the Euro - that’s going to go down well with the british electorate eh? The time for cherry-picking is gone for good.

6 Likes

Everything is open to negotiation.

Nope.There are a few sacred cows. Free trade only in conjunction with free movement is one of them. It’s going to get funny when the new “Leave”-government has to tell the british voters that they can’t keep their main promise “no immigration”.

7 Likes

Absolutely true. You might go through a decade recession and lose your financial industry, but you’ll eventually probably crawl back up to where you were yesterday.

Sure, Scotland might secede, but it is only 10% of your economy and has some oil. Northern Ireland might secede too so they don’t have to deal with border checks. Spain wants to take over Gibraltar, but I’m sure somehow the UK will prevent that from happening without starting a war.

But you’ll eventually be ok. In the mean time, it will hurt some far more than others.

9 Likes

There are some reliable ways to predict what the consequences of an action will be before it happens. Not all is clear, but there are quite a few inevitabilities now.

3 Likes

Thanks

https://finviz.com/map.ashx?t=geo

4 Likes

I think you mean dictatorship, autocracy, or hereditary rule.

Communism doesn’t require the absence of democracy unless the majority choose not to share with and be shared with.

4 Likes

Sorry pal. I’m a full blooded Texan

There’s a place I’m from where they’re so psychotically racist that some meaningless statement like that would get a round of endless drunken cheers.

And one town fool could start a war. A fool named Ben. Who’s last name is so unimportant that I’m not gonna put it in my spell check. There’s no need.

He was not important. He did not have a plan. He is a force of nature. The dipshit ID of the mob. He led a group of onlookers to see what this dipshit was doing. He emptied the bar with his dumb cry of whose gonna follow ol Ben rhymes with Between.

History does not remember Ben. History does not remember that the first shot of the Texas revolution was actually fired by the second dumb Texas drunk shit. Who fired a cannon these settlers in the ass end of anywhere had drug up from someplace. These foreign citizens. These American colonists, allowed to farm Mexican soil. But not as Mexicans…

These white drunk nuts fired a canon at the Mexican police, who were 100% in their rights and doing what any normal fucking constabulary would do.

Came to get the cannon. No.

Not a cannon. No you don’t need to shoot Indians with the cannon. No one lives here. The biggest place around is a shithole.

Indians didn’t live there. It’s why they needed Texans from the dregs and thugs and criminals.

The place itself has its own Han. It’s bred of racism and secrets and hellish traditions. It’s a fucking nightmare. Watch American high school football in rural ass BFE texas to see what that culture thinks of itself.

So. I know racist crazy when I see it.

Brexit. It’s the Texas of UKs problems. You guys are fucked fucked fucked.

7 Likes

They didn’t even wait for you to finish that comment.

4 Likes

McLaren is wholly Brit AFAICT.

1 Like

Noble too, if’n you want a slightly cheaper fast car.

2 Likes

If you’re in the market for a ridiculously expensive and fragile high-end turbonutterbastard of a car, there’s a few Brit options. Ariel (of the Atom and Nomad) for example. Or the David Brown Speedback GT.

1 Like

That doesn’t sound like the Ben Vereen I know.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Well, historically, a good percentage of those engineers were Scots, so that’s worrying.
But you’re right. Why isn’t there a Teasmade in every house in China?

4 Likes