British Columbia recommends the use of glory holes for Covid-safe sex

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/22/british-columbia-recommends-th.html

5 Likes

I wonder if this pandemic will create COVID pervs who can’t get turned on without a facemask.

6 Likes
21 Likes

I think that’s been a thing for a long time before COVID.

17 Likes

Oh, I’m glitching!

13 Likes

On the one hand, I applaud their decision not to use euphemisms and stick with terms that are at least somewhat broadly understood.

On the other hand, an official government agency of Canada has written safety guidelines including the term “glory hole” and I am slain.

28 Likes

covid safety warning if you find one, don’t use it if you hear this sound https://youtu.be/u0fKSDuhkV4

1 Like

sexfilescondomscene-e1593811300134

18 Likes
7 Likes

What is the etiquette for saying “sorry” at Canadian glory holes?

5 Likes

Knock twice.

But wait, you say, doesn’t that also mean you’re about to—

Yup, polite and efficient.

3 Likes

I wonder if the beloved Bonnie Henry hired Dan Savage as a consultant for this sage advice.
Boy did I ever self censor this time…

4 Likes

Well now I have a completely reasonable excuse to tell my wife…

1 Like

A few weeks agp someone locally posted a comment that pointed to a New York (it was somewhere in the US) guideline about sex these days, and it said the same thing, though maybe not using the term.

4 Likes

This does not surprise me. This is the same government that has utterly abandoned the “don’t do drugs” messaging in favour of pure harm reduction and advice for safe use in radio ads.

Things have gotten extremely pragmatic on the health front. Frankly, I prefer that to purity messages that don’t consider human behaviour.

For comparison, we’re taking 4-5 days of 25-30 new COVID cases a day as serious and a sign we may be facing a resurgence. Even adjusted for comparison, versus the US…

15 Likes

Strategically positioned fans…
A couple of fans aimed across < the bed>;
and towards a door or window, where another fan or two exhaust the room. Bonus points for an intake door or window, ‘upwind’ of the action.

5 Likes

What if they’re not really fans and they just like to hate-watch?

11 Likes

Rule 37 says there were already those.

Provinces have their own health agencies - like the States healthcare is mostly not under federal jurisdiction.

2 Likes

2 Likes