Beware of COVID Penis!

Originally published at: Beware of COVID Penis! | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Having difficulty parsing this part: [COVID Will Break Your Done]

?

5 Likes

Bone?

4 Likes

“Dong” seems more likely to get autocorrected.

9 Likes

Or manually.

2 Likes

Lord knows what would happen to the (almost appropriately innuendo-like) nursery rhyme “Ding dong bell”…

Ding, dong, bell,
Pussy’s in the well.
Who put her in?
Little Johnny Flynn.
Who pulled her out?
Little Tommy Stout.

1 Like

It’s a pity that the actual public health authorities didn’t use this one to counter the “just the flu” and other denial lines aimed at toxically masculine groups. It was obvious from very early given the mechanism of “Covid toes” (a year ago!)

They could have started the “Covid Cock” meme and gone to town.

10 Likes

Other issues with COVID apparently weren’t common enough to get sufficient coverage, and I guess there weren’t enough long haulers to use as a warning. It was all brushed aside by commentary that those people just weren’t healthy enough when they got sick. There was always a reason to not talk about these things. It’s frustrating.

More frustrating is that those same people will take a handful of poorly reported articles about supposed vaccine related deaths or “shedding” and say it’s reason enough to not get vaccinated…

2 Likes

The kids on the street are calling C-Dick, I’ll let you draw your own conclusions.

4 Likes

I said we should just launch this campaign for any disease. Immediately start telling people that it shrinks your penis. Hire some guys to make YouTube videos screaming that the government is suppressing the info, to really get those conspiracy theorists.

13 Likes

I was reading that given the damage to vascular tissue that covid can cause, it not only can result in erectile dysfunction, but yes, also penile shrinkage. So there is a double threat to dongs there, and it’s still not being widely reported, apparently.

Seems like part of the problem is that it takes a while to sort through the evidence of long-term effects, especially while everyone’s focus is on trying to keep people alive, and then write and publish the papers, so even common symptoms fail to get described in the medical literature. I’ve been seeing a lot of speculation by doctors about the various symptoms of covid for the last year, but it took a while for peer-reviewed studies to come out and then make their way into the mass media consciousness.

The flu comparison was really bad, too - it should have been compared to polio, instead, but that wasn’t immediately obvious. It created this larger problem where the popular notion was that you either die or you’re fine, with “mild” symptoms. Except that “mild” symptoms were pretty much anything less than being in the ICU on a ventilator. So strokes, heart-attacks, erectile dysfunction, tooth loss, not being able to get out of bed for six months, minor limb loss… all “mild.” Now it’s looking like the virus often does long-term, possibly even permanent, damage to the immune system. We’ll probably still be finding out about new impacts years from now.

I often wonder if covid will be the thing that causes America to finally embrace nationalized health care, because there’s going to be so many people with long-term health issues caused by covid.

6 Likes

C-Dick. C-Dick shrink. Shrink, Dick, shrink.

3 Likes

No doubt the market for guns and trucks will make up for the shrinkage.

Me, I’m more worried about potential microvascular damage to the old cardiac tissue or brain, but oh well. Dicks right?

3 Likes

Yeah, the neurological issues for people with covid scares the hell out of me (“brainfog,” sudden psychiatric issues), the heart and lung damage scares the hell out of me, the immune system damage is scary, hell even a permanent loss of the sense of smell worries me more. If covid (only) caused my dick to drop off entirely, my reaction would be, “Well, it could have been worse.”

3 Likes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.