British folk horror flowering again

Are you sure they didn’t mean these Gentlemen?:

3 Likes

I rather enjoyed that. I don’t think I can defend any aspect of the movie as being “good,” (well, the funky, psychedelic scoring was hitting) but it certainly was entertaining; and cool, in an as-filtered-through-the-square-film-industry, exploitative kind of way.

1 Like

The Great Ghoulardi!
He did a matinee show, too, which is how I remember him. kids used to send in drawings of the movie monsters. Not sure if my mom actually sent in any of the ones I drew. It’s likely that’s how I got my memory of the opening sequence.

1 Like

it was dated, but had it’s moments. I must say I would have killed for John Belushi in a toga to jump out from a tree in the funeral scene, grab the smelly hippy’s acoustic guitar and smash it.

3 Likes

You say that, but it’s actually a depiction of our post-brexit future where we have the freedom to ignore those damned Euro regulations on stupid things like flame-proof fabrics.

Oh, I’ve had that on my watch list forEVer. And maybe even did finally see it at some point. Ritual druid 70s bikers is soo up my alley…

1 Like

‘This is a local shop for local people, we’ll have no trouble here!’

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.