This is Radiohead's new song/video, "Burn the Witch"

[Read the post]

1 Like

“Burn the Witch”

Burn the man, indeed.

1 Like

And then there was the earlier version.

1 Like

When will uptight agents of the state realize that one simply does not just walk into extremely remote British villages without a fire extinguisher.

10 Likes

Where were Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub?

5 Likes

Not the bees! Not the bees!

2 Likes

lol people on twitter think its some kind of True Detective thing.

FOR THE RECORD.

It is the UK childrens show Camberwick Green mashed with Wicker Man.

(Trumpton was a Camberwick Green spinoff that had a second life as a rave anthem, per Daneel’s quote)

5 Likes

So, anyway…

http://bennyhillthis.com/?v=yI2oS2hoL0k

2 Likes

If it wasn’t so English, I would have guessed Davey and Goliath.

5 Likes

You mean that 2006 Nicholas Cage film? OK, got it…

And here I thought it was going to end like Hot Fuzz.

3 Likes

Reminds me of Haneke’s “White Ribbon.”

Bees? You must be referring to the crap remake version of The Wicker Man. Try watching the original, with Edward Woodward and Christopher Lee.

7 Likes

[ahem] Let it happen, bass player.

3 Likes

I’ve never even seen Camberwick Green and I recognized the reference. And I have to say, I was actually waiting for the Wicker Man part by the time they did that reveal.

And really, even Americans should recognize the Camberwick Green reference, thanks to Life On Mars if nothing else…

2 Likes

No, not really. No more than a Brit would be familiar with, say, Space Patrol. Few Americans saw the UK version of Life On Mars, and the (terrible) US version didn’t include Camberwick Green.

Apparently @jlw did. Or most of it, at least.

I watched the first episode of the remake, that was enough for me. Was Ashes to Ashes ever aired in the US?

1 Like

I have not watched Ashes to Ashes, but yes.

The UK version of Life on Mars is the best thing I’ve seen on television, if you accept that I have not watched the last episode and don’t know how it ends.

2 Likes

Not that I know of. It wasn’t on BBC America. Maybe Netflix or something of that ilk.