You will dig Prince's burning cover of Radiohead's "Creep"

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Still nope.

Thanks for playing!

4 Likes

#TOO SOON! 

2 Likes

Sadly agreeing. I couldn’t deal with the lyric mangling to get to the alleged mad guitar.

Right? If I were in Radiohead (and I gave a shit; might be mutually exclusive), I might be more upset he mangled it than flattered he “covered” it.

1 Like

Thankfully Prince can be remembered for his original works. Not digging this the second time around either.

2 Likes

You will dig Prince’s burning cover of Radiohead’s “Creep”

Um. No. As those above have said, it’s a really awful cover. Mediocre at best if i wanted to be generous.

Yeah maybe you dig it, but for me this is not the Prince song (or Prince covering a song) for today.

I actually decided to just listen to his solo from While My Guitar Gently Weeps and that did the trick for me.

5 Likes

I think he made an artistic choice to never once say “creep” while covering Creep. I enjoy it.

But for anyone who just wanted to hear the guitar solo …

2 Likes

If you were trying to do a Jedi mind trick, it didn’t work. Still don’t like it.

Thankfully, Prince lived his life not caring what any of us thought. It’s clear he played for the joy of it, not to please us. I wish more people (myself included) could live that way. We’d all be much happier and accomplish so much more good work.

14 Likes

He really was the Wayne Rooney of Pop; some one who seemed to play because he enjoyed it.

1 Like

Yeah, I love this. He definitely put his own spin on it. Love the moodiness.

2 Likes

I remember this - at the time Prince notoriously had all fan videos of the performance pulled from YouTube:

In a recent interview, Thom Yorke said he heard about Prince’s performance from a text message and thought it was “hilarious.” Yorke laughed when his bandmate, guitarist Ed O’Brien, said the blocking had prevented even him from seeing Prince’s version of their song.

“Really? He’s blocked it?” asked Yorke, who figured it was their song to block or not. “Surely we should block it. Hang on a moment.”

Yorke added: “Well, tell him to unblock it. It’s our … song.”

3 Likes

This is the prince I’ll remember, unfortunately.

1 Like

The 1%er formerly known as an intellectual property bully, if not outright troll? Oh yeah, that guy

1 Like

I like this, but then I like to explore the idea that a song can be more than just its arrangement.

2 Likes

Repeating the crowd: I appreciate Prince as a cultural icon. I do not appreciate Prince for doing a pissweak cover of a song that was much better realised by the original creators.

How it should be heard: