British government annouces anti-knifecrime chicken takeout boxes

I’ll bet that box could leave a pretty nasty paper-cut.

4 Likes

ewe that looks like chicken that already been eaten.

1 Like

#spoonfree

5 Likes
4 Likes

Trump using real plates and cutlery is the only thing I actually like about him.

I tried KFC a couple of weeks ago, after not having any for 10 years.

Boy, was I glad that I had my travel cutlery on me, not just my chopsticks. Way to greasy to eat bare handed.

1 Like

When I first saw the images I thought it was some type of advertising for boneless chicken or some reference to tenderness. The idea of someone aiming for public health and safety messages on fried chicken didn’t even register as a possibility.

2 Likes

You will only be able to pry my Gus’s World Famous Fried Chicken from my cold dead hands, bitch!

1 Like

Knife fight!

Such animals…

3 Likes

[quote=“andrewlwood, post:19, topic:149731”]
I don’t believe there is the same tight association with fried chicken and POC in the uk that there is in the US; not sure I see racial bias here. [/quote]

I am afraid there is.

7 Likes

first-hand accounts of young people who have opted to pursue pastimes such as boxing or music instead of carrying a knife

Carrying a Knife: My Anti-Drug™

1 Like

I’d click on that but it’s the Independent and I don’t want to crash my browser.

1 Like

No - it’s a purely American thing. Though we did get one (completely innocent) ad pulled off tv in Australia because of what it implied to American viewers, so I guess there’s some inter-cultural leakage.

2 Likes

Silly Brits. Anti-knifecrime handguns are where it’s at(rifles if dealing with higher-intensity machete hotzones).

I guarantee that ready access to handguns will do more to discourage offensive knife possession than fast food advertising campaigns will.

2 Likes

According to my British friends there is. Not as tight but still there

4 Likes

That’s news to me.

1 Like

As I said “according to”. I just report what they tell me

3 Likes

I’m British. There are plenty of chicken shops along our local London high street, and their clientele is pretty ethnically diverse. Fried chicken is a much more general urban youth thing here than it is race-specific,and I suspect reflects the general demographics of the local young population.

1 Like

Fify… (And apparently I need at least 9 characters…)

Nope. It’s racist and cack-handed.

8 Likes

Then the people I talked to were in error.