British media struggle to make Prince Philip an object of national mourning

Well, as long as Mock the Week and Hugh Denis gives him a proper sendoff, we’re all good.

9 Likes

tight.
apparently these guys are “coffin dancers”
unfortunately…

edited: doesn’t seem like I can do embeds without an account

4 Likes

I’m British, and I don’t get it. It looks like we have another week of this shit to endure.

14 Likes

I’m finding it endlessly tiresome already. It’s a flag shaggers dream.

9 Likes

25 Likes

I think I’m still right.

1 Like

Has Jacob Rees-Mogg died too? We need to have fireworks and a street party right now!

10 Likes

I am Canadian, and have never met another Canadian who gives a rat’s ass about the British Royal family. Our connection to all that is superficial at best. There’s a ceremonial Governor General position in government, but it’s just not a thing we think about or that affects our lives in any way.

1 Like

The FBI is a bit sassy

tenor

6 Likes

Where can I register my complaint of too much coverage of complaints of too much coverage of Dead Phil?

1 Like

Yup, still don’t care.

3 Likes

I’m not surprised it isn’t real, but I want to believe.

1 Like

They’re hapsburgs, and you gave them to us, damnit.

4 Likes

Please direct all of these inquiries to Graham Chapman.

3 Likes

Indeed. The BMW era Mini Coopers are as British as the Queen!

6 Likes

If you don’t like that, wait until you see what the UK elected government has been doing lately…

4 Likes

They are related to O.J. Simpson’s lawyer

Really, that’s the reason :confused:

He was a living link to the 1920s, which were part of the twentieth century

Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha actually. But they cut ties to their german side of the family in WW1 when they rebranded themselves as Windsor. For the same reason old Phil renamed himself from “Battenberg” to Mountbatton in WW2. And I am disgusted that I know that much about those people…

4 Likes

Axel Springer Verlag is the reason. That, and the known German aristocrats are either boors or embarrassments or in the rare case of the Wittlesbachers*, quietly happy to avoid the limelight and just own a brewery and run the Kaltenberger festival. And German oligarchs are camera shy, so it’s cheap and easy to just buy sensationalist crap from Britain and the Netherlands, or Monaco.

*the former royal line of Bavaria

2 Likes