British Nazi set self on fire trying to burn down synagogue

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/08/british-nazi-set-self-on-fire.html

13 Likes

Some truly special people, aren’t they? God, I hope sanity returns to tis timeline before some idiot ends it.

25 Likes

Crazy, I never took Johnny Storm for an anti-Semite. Even his best friend is Jewish!

20 Likes

British Nazi set self on fire trying to burn down synagogue

43 Likes

can anyone explain what this means?

4 Likes

Zero sympathy for this fuckhead. Let’s hope he learns something from this.

18 Likes

Off to Arkham.

24 Likes

I hear Killer Moth has already taken a liking to him.

10 Likes

Section 37 of The Mental Health Act - also called a ‘hospital order’, or colloquially, “sectioned”. It’s not a fixed-term sentence, you’re there until the doctors are happy. Section 37 only applies if you’ve been convicted of a crime that is punishable with imprisonment, but the court believes you have a mental disorder that’d benefit more from hospital than prison. It also qualifies you for free “aftercare” under section 117.

I guess the American version would be a successful “insanity plea”.

19 Likes

“I’m sorry, what was that you were saying about the Master Race? Do go on — it sounds fascinating.”

30 Likes

holy moly – that’s the most Looney Tunes-style payback i’ve ever seen. :open_mouth:

11 Likes

Fire Fly is grumbling that people should find their own gimmicks and not steal them off other peoples.

On one hand, I feel saddened that this guy has had such a poor start in life that he’s reached this pass.

On the other hand, “HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!”

2 Likes

An order under s.37, Mental Health Act 1983. A compulsory mental hospital admission. Used in circumstances where the offender has a mental health problem and treatment is seen as more appropriate than a prison sentence. Sometimes comes with a restriction order under s.41, which makes it harder to get released, when there’s a concern about public safety even after the mental health condition is treated.

5 Likes

44 Likes

The following is more of a Krazy Kat moment.

5 Likes

Sending thoughts and…

tumblr_8022e4108d8f7f7db7607eef916740a6_4fc2d09f_540

15 Likes

10 Likes

Is there a Hebrew word for Karma?

7 Likes

Skinheads. More hair than brain.

25 Likes

The stupidity, it burns.

(also, the fire.)

23 Likes