British Nazi set self on fire trying to burn down synagogue

ouch!

[obligatory character addition to meet Bb posting standards]

2 Likes

Maybe they just need to be encouraged to integrate themselves into society.

Welcome aboard, comrade!

11 Likes

Middah k’neged Middah מדה קנגד מדה

Pronunciation/mee-dah k-negg-ed mee-dah

IDIOM

Meaning: Measure for Measure or “Justice Prevails” or “What goes around comes around”

Origin: Hebrew Bible

(side note, i am Jewish, but i also had to google this, so i too learned something)

18 Likes

Perfect opportunity to (intellectually) misuse and maybe misquote the title of Hannah Arendt’s book on the Eichmann case.

Which I won’t.

Also, what a pity that we have a resurgence of apparently competent racist arseholes. So, fuck this shit, and good this guy is off the streets.

5 Likes

I think I’ve heard of this phrase, but couldn’t place where or its meaning. Thanks.

2 Likes

“The quarterback is toast!”
Just a shame his burns weren’t a lot more extensive.
And painful.

4 Likes

That person is quite lucky it was a brick and not a pistol. Big brain on that guy.

2 Likes

Maybe he had a moment of clarity and realized that all humans are as one, and therefore in the big picture lighting himself on fire was no different from lighting them on fire.

4 Likes
6 Likes

Avoidance of usual ‘gentleman’ in fuckup situations is noted and appreciated.

4 Likes

That usual gentleman really gets around, doesn’t he.

7 Likes

I’m sure it was down to chance, but it’s fun to think that maybe God has started paying attention. Also…

7 Likes

You also had some very fine coyotes on both sides…

Wile-E-Coyote

4 Likes

Please reconsider using memes like this.

It makes people who aren’t arseholes feel uncomfortable about using mobility aides in public.

9 Likes

Not really. An insanity plea is a plea of “not guilty,” based on the premise that a person whose mental capacity is diminished so that they don’t understand their actions or their results shouldn’t be punished. A person can be insane and still be convicted of the crime if they are found to have understood that what they were doing was wrong at the time of the crime, and such a person may be incarcerated in a mental institution instead of a prison. But if you’re convicted of the crime, your insanity plea failed.

1 Like

Fast day. The Tenth of Tevet is a fast day, not a feast day.

8 Likes

I came to the comments only so that I could post that very thing.

7 Likes

I wonder if the thought that Ben Grimm is basically a golem played into the writers writing him as Jewish?

3 Likes

The hat blowing off is cartoon gold.

3 Likes

Fast food, then?

(sfx: crickets)

1 Like