Boris Johnson, British Prime Minister, hospitalized with "persistent" coronavirus symptoms

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/05/british-prime-minister-hospita.html

6 Likes
12 Likes
21 Likes

Given his party’s record on funding the NHS, I suspect that the tests will be novel…

Yes, Mr. Johnson, the test is normally rectal. With this special gel that collects viruses. We wouldn’t want to skimp - so we’ve slathered this pineapple in the gel. Nurse, fetch the polo mallet…

59 Likes

Seems like that picture is of him waving goodbye… finality implied?

Won’t he be giving a parting handshake and hug to his American doppelganger?

17 Likes

now I can’t stop imagining trump going down with the virus - trying to lie against his uncaring microscopic foe…

12 Likes

Why is his VirExit taking so long?

13 Likes
6 Likes

He certainly would never admit to us that he is not the master of all reality.

5 Likes

Rob, is it the virus that made his eye’s like that?

6 Likes

It’s not good that he or anyone else has this disease, but it would be oh so much easier to feel bad for him if his reckless actions weren’t so likely to have needlessly spread the virus to others around him—including the healthcare workers on the front lines of the pandemic.

45 Likes

Thank you - I now feel entirely justified in not feeling badly for him, and believing that he is getting just what he deserves. I can only hope trump shares his fate.

13 Likes

In a statement, a Downing Street spokeswoman said: "On the advice of his doctor, the prime minister has tonight been admitted to hospital for tests.

“This is a precautionary step, as the prime minister continues to have persistent symptoms of coronavirus 10 days after testing positive for the virus.”

If we are to believe the spokeswoman de Pfeffel has been taken into hospital for precautionary reasons, but the NHS has been telling people not to come to hospital unless it is serious.

Either he is doing the something that the rest of the country has been told not to, or he is seriously ill and it is being covered up. It doesn’t look good either way.

38 Likes

Hospitals are trying to keep everyone away as much as possible, transmission hotspot and they need resources for only the worst cases. I don’t think they would move anyone there unless necessary.

4 Likes

12 Likes

…And nothing of human value was lost.

This man, I don’t hate the same way I do Trump, but I’m not going to cheer for him to get better, lets put it that way.

The enemy of my enemy is my temporary friend?

Christ what an incorrigible asshat.

16 Likes

Here’s a piping hot take…Boris Johnson is an asshole, but we also shouldn’t joke about him dying from COVID-19.

27 Likes

Quick question, are you guys health care workers?

Ripper Liz.
Now that is how a head of state leads.

7 Likes