British Prime Minister said "let the bodies pile high in the thousands" to save economy as Covid pandemic spread. And they did.

Originally published at: British Prime Minister said "let the bodies pile high in the thousands" to save economy as Covid pandemic spread. And they did. | Boing Boing

12 Likes

I thought that The Daily Mail was pro-Johnson. I also thought that they were pro-letting bodies pile up too, though…

8 Likes

I suspect the Mail’s true allegiance is to circ numbers.

26 Likes

Pro-Tory is more like it. Perhaps the Viscount Rothermere has his eye on Sunak or Gove.

14 Likes

You know he fucked up when he said something so ridiculous, the Daily Fail published it and the paper’s fans thought it was complete hogwash.

5 Likes

Thanks for corroborating the Mail’s story with the BBC and ITV. I spend too much time convincing friends and family that the Mail, Star, and Sun alone are not valid sources.

7 Likes

Basically the main story in UK news at the moment is that possibly Boris Johnson lied about something. (It’s a combination of this story, and questions about who paid for renovating his official residence).
I mean, the day had a Y in it, so I’m not sure how Boris lying has suddenly become news.
As other have said, it seems like the Mail has had enough of him, it would be interesting to know why. Dominic Cummins seems to have some hand in this.

*edited to add, the Torys still have a 10% lead in a poll as of yesterday, but I guess those people knew who they were voting for.

6 Likes

They either own significant real estate or think they will and/or really hate central, Southern, and Eastern Europeans.

They also hate other people but are a bit less comfortable admitting that out loud. They let their leaders do the talking for them there.

6 Likes

England still has their tRump. Now how much longer are they stuck with this dingdong?

7 Likes

Nice!

What makes you think they don’t approve?

Judging by the British public, forever.

6 Likes

If he did it to a driving drum beat and shredding metal riff, he might have gotten away with.

4 Likes

They are pro-Farage, or whoever the polite fascist of the day is.

Because of how the elections work here, Labour usually need to be ahead by a few percent to have any chance of winning.

7 Likes

Came here literally just to post this. Well played.

Isn’t this sort of thing pretty much exactly why the French executed their aristos a couple of centuries ago? It seems like an idea that’s due for a revival…

4 Likes

http://www.tubedubber.com/?q=3hRwnXmdRCo:04F4xlWSFh0:0:100:0:0:1

1 Like

My take as well. British intra-party politics in general are notorious for vicious back-stabbing. More so for the Tories, whose attitude toward other humans (including Tory rivals) can be summed up in statements such as … well… “let the bodies pile high in the thousands”.

6 Likes
7 Likes

It sounds more death-metal than hip-hop, and he’d need a mullet (a real one) to carry it off.

1 Like

How’s that Brexit thing working out for you?

3 Likes

Leave the vile BoJo alone. His number of gratuitously dead doesn’t match our Donnie’s number of ~300,000. And there was a feeble rationale for BoJo’s disregard for human lives. Our Donnie thought doing anything would requiring the existence of a crisis which would necessarily make him look bad and, as always, nothing is more important to him than that he feels good about himself.