British recipe evokes all the flavor of congealed deer pee

[Permalink]

The guy’s accent may be British, but I’m not sure the recipe is, we don’t even have Mountain Dew in the UK… do we?

2 Likes

https://www.mountaindew.co.uk

4 Likes

Having lived in both the US and UK I can tell you that isn’t an American stove, it is a British one. Not to mention the “dinnerware” he uses is a game with UK age warning label on it. And in his pizza recipe he uses Napolina tomatoes which are not available in the US but are in the UK.

2 Likes

Well, that’s dinner sorted out. I won’t be able to think about eating for a while now.

5 Likes

I have used the crumbs from a bag of chips as breading for chicken strips, but I used these chips

And there was no Mountain Dew anywhere near the kitchen.

1 Like

Yeah exactly how I imagined british cuisine would be.

5 Likes

OK you’ve convinced me. My next task: locate and purchase some of that Mountain Dew. Haven’t had any since I lived in the US as a child!

for the hipster version substitute with sriracha kale chips and pabst blue ribbon.

5 Likes

That might actually be not terrible, except that your kale chip breading would probably go soggy. But beer & sriracha flavors would go pretty well with chicken

1 Like

El yucko! At first, I thought this was going to be a recipe for venison kidneys, which are quite nice.

2 Likes

It’s what British cuisine will be like once Ukip get their way. Their recipe will use Irn Bru and Walkers cheese and onion crisps though.

1 Like

Now I don’t feel so bad about the tuna melt and sweet potato fries I had yesterday.

1 Like

I have a friend who tells me they enjoyed a similar treat in prison - but minus the chicken.

2 Likes

I’m too afraid to press play.

3 Likes

I’m not sold on it. Why would I, as a gamer, take the time to cook this abomination, when I could just eat the chips and drink the Mountain Dew?

8 Likes

What did I…? Was that…? What’s happe…? It… it’s…

No. I can’t. I have nothing. I am nothing. There is no meaning. All is pointless. Void. All is void and bereft of light and life. All ends. Entropy is everything…

2 Likes

Chicken provides protein. You want to get big, don’t you?

1 Like

Nah, I’m fine with just expanding.

1 Like

Well, I’ve never partaken of congealed deer pee, so I couldn’t say if Mountain Dew is similar. (Ironically, I’m told that that old English favorite, steak and kidney pie, will sometimes smell of urine if the kidneys aren’t prepared correctly.) I do get a whiff of an oddly chlorinated-pool-water smell from diet MD, but I don’t mind as it evokes memories of swimming lessons at the YMCA of my youth.

Anyway. Not having a problem with the soda part of this, as orange soda and soy sauce makes a great marinade for chicken. Not sure about the Doritos.