Britons alarmed by unpleasant border infrastructure they demanded

Being a conservative fuckwit I’d suggest he’s more likely to think that any children who might get within 50 feet of a layby full of wee filled bottles (other than when being whisked past in an SUV) should be in Borstal - which is conveniently in Kent.

Exceptions of course for school rugby trips where wee-filled bottles are fine and part of any growing lad’s formative experiences.

4 Likes

So…just follow @KentishExpress or like, https://www.kentonline.co.uk/rss-feeds/ perhaps particularly https://www.kentonline.co.uk/_api/rss/kentish_express_news_feed.xml ? (Looking forward to England deciding to get along with truth, beauty and justice even if it mustn’t like the things explicitly.)

5 Likes

How Dour! I for one welcome Radio Free Scotland-Cornwall-DoubleIrish.

10 Likes

I’d love to add the North-East too. 'Twas the Dragons we knelt to!

King in the North! etc…

Surely, no one could have predicted…

20 Likes

I don’t find this encouraging at all. I actually kinda hoped we were some sort of extra special stupid. Because if we are not our planet is screwed.

22 Likes

Too lazy to Google, but has anyone invented a “Brexiteers” / “Brexit tears” joke yet?

9 Likes

“It is not an opportunity for the Remainers to have a go at Brexit,” said a local official, Paul Bartlett, quoted in The Kentish Express.

Oh, I disagree, Paul (who’s no doubt a member of the Leopards Eating People’s Faces Party).

16 Likes

To anyone who voted for this narrow-minded, backward-looking nonsense:

You won. Enjoy the fruits of your victory.

13 Likes

… Really …?!?

1 Like

All the Red Wall Tory voters are getting a good sized dose of buyer’s remorse right now as well.

They aren’t though, are they, still all reckoning the Clown Prince BlowJob is “Doing his best”, etc.

Well his best isn’t very good, is it? If that’s the result of his magnificently expensive upbringing and education, I reckon that money could have been better used for something else.

Despite all the debacle, Labour are still only level-ish in the polls. I despair.

1 Like

"“It is not an opportunity for the Remainers to have a go at Brexit,” said a local official, Paul Bartlett

Hmm, yeah, lots of luck to you there pal. Seems like an excellent opportunity for some I-fucking-told-you-so action.

7 Likes

It’s Kent, so that’s a safe bet.

10 Likes

I recently joined the Labour party against my better judgement, and you don’t know despair until you have seen that shitshow from the inside. Apparently party unity really means purge the party of the left wing and trans people.

Starmer is completely inept as leader, assuming that he isn’t deliberately sabotaging the party.

17 Likes

I’m fairly certain that’s not how secession works. Any country that freely allowed secession probably isn’t around anymore.

I mean, obviously no one sane wants a British civil war, but anyone honest has to admit it’s a plausible outcome when you declare independence. I wonder if the rest of Europe would be more likely to give the UK an FU in that scenario, or oppose any kind of separatist movement anywhere?

During the last Scottish independence referendum, the reason I was telling everyone the whole thing was fucking insane was not that Scottish independence in itself would be bad. It was that, if the vote hadn’t gone the way Cameron smugly assumed, the Tory government would have committed itself to something it could not conceivably do.

Specifically: if Scotland were actually going to leave the UK, there is no way on Earth that a Conservative government would just passively surrender all the North Sea oil & gas revenue, as the campaign rhetoric blithely assumed. (Bearing in mind that oil is not in Scottish territory; it’s in international waters for which the UK, not Scotland, has negotiated rights). And it’s the same with Faslane and any number of other deadly serious details – Cameron wasn’t being all chill about it, it just literally hadn’t occurred to him that the vote might not go his way.

Obviously, his genius political strategy of looking cool by doing wheelies next to a cliff did backfire the next time he tried it. But I don’t rule out the possibility of future Tory fuckwits trying it again, and that could get really ugly.

10 Likes

Well, that is bound to cheer up the Brexiteers.

Shhhh… these borders… they aren’t really to keep the filth of the Continent out , they are in place to keep the UK’ers in. Europeans rejoice !

3 Likes

I’d love to think they were that smart. Leopards, faces, new normal, what’s on the telly?

4 Likes

The purblind probably are still Backing Boris, but there’s a lot aren’t happy. Mind you, I’m not particularly saddened that racist pensioners in Blyth are going to get bitten on the arse, just that the rest of us are too. Fucking Blyth going Tory. I’m still not over it, as you may be able to gather…

8 Likes