Britons alarmed by unpleasant border infrastructure they demanded

I knew they never should have built that Chunnel

2 Likes

When you mix stupidity, greed and hate the final result usually ain’t real pretty. Thanks to all the fucktards who voted this mess in. And for the good folks that tried to tell them I’m sorry for you. We’d offer refuge here but I’d wait till after or election to see if this place is fit for habitation.

4 Likes

NI is used to English repression. With the Good Friday accords scuttled the Troubles will come back. Tory Government or no I do think this will end in a United Ireland. And once the pillar falls look to Scotland

7 Likes

UK? More like The English Kingdom of Little Britain

3 Likes

Thursday 2 May 2024 can’t come soon enough.

1 Like

There are also other, less well known, Celtic seperatist groups who might make a comeback.

What also isn’t talked about is that if Scotland gets independence then Orkney and Shetland may also want independence as they have a different culture to mainland Scotland and only became part of that country 550 years ago.

10 Likes

Harsh but fair.
One of the reasons I left.

5 Likes

Also the Scottish Republican Army, whose biggest claim to fame, IIRC, was blowing up the toilets at Edinburgh Castle.

6 Likes

Can’t find out re this particular fuckwittery, but in another part of the jungle, there’s this.
https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/westminster-news/company-with-tory-links-wins-ppe-contract-mirror-reports-1952152

8 Likes

And at least one better-known and more serious one.

3 Likes

I don’t think that Plaid Cymru or the SNP are going to resort to violence and property damage though.

4 Likes

Hence my “more serious” description.

3 Likes

Pedantry: Lesser Britain (aka Brittany) has belonged to France for centuries.

4 Likes

Looking at the current state of the Labour party, I think waiting a little while might be a good idea.

Maybe we should get a new leader while we are at it. I’d be more capable as leader than Starmer, and I have CFS!

2 Likes

I think @tsath means Little England, in its modern sense.

Later usage

The Cambridge online dictionary defines Little Englander as “an English person who thinks England is better than all other countries, and that England should only work together with other countries when there is an advantage for England in doing so”[5]

The term has been used as a derogatory term for English nationalists or English people who are perceived as xenophobic or overly nationalistic.[6] It has also been applied to opponents of globalism, multilateralism and internationalism.[6][7] More recently the term has been linked by the left with nationalism[8] and supporters of Brexit.[9]

And not everyone is happy about that

5 Likes

We Want What We Want! right up until the time it inconveniences us. And no more no-tariff booze runs to France either.

1 Like

True. Corbin failed to take any advantage of any hostility to Brexit, and as a result, the Conservatives were given five long years to screw up, even radically screw up, in ways that have not even been dreamt of.

Nice knowing you. (Though we could still get Trump for years to come…)

2 Likes

Sorry, I was being sarcastic about the people of Kent due to the special Kentish passport and border controls to get into Kent. Not Calais, Kent.

Which backs up my previous point about their failure to use the sea due to not wanting to have border controls inside the UK. That’s an obvious lie as here it is. Their vindictiveness isn’t carefully planned, it’s the flailing aggression of a street drunkard starting fights with anyone in range of his fists.

7 Likes

UK does: statutes of Westminster normalised the legal situation surrounding constitutional plebescites and secession. What we in Ireland called the Hungarian solution (it was modelled on the Hungarian secession from the austro-Hungarian empire). It gave a pathway to independence, albeit with the commonwealth as a backstop.

7 Likes

Not everywhere is America, and not every time is 1861

7 Likes